PDA

View Full Version : a/c drier?

tbird3.8sc
07-05-2006, 01:38 AM
i have a 1994 tbird sc. i am replacing the compressor as it locked up. i need to find a drier/accumulator part number. the ones i have found do not have the hose already connected to them? it looks like a factory clamp on the hose that is not made to be removed? does any one know a part # for the one with the hose already connected. any ideas would help. thanks

deepbluesc
07-05-2006, 08:22 AM
I found one at Advanced Auto Parts that is a Motorcraft item. It was about $140. Although they didn't show a pic of that particular item, they did show picks for earlier years and they had the hose attached. As I recall, part number was YF2729, but I don't know if that is their number of Motorcraft???

In either case, you can buy the hose and do it yourself. Ideal makes special clamps for A/C system applications. They are heavier than a typical hose clamp, I think they're stainless and they have a finger that places the clamp in the proper location for you. Also, most NAPA stores have the machine to custom make the hose for you.

Hope this helps!
Deepbluesc

garsc
07-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Better check your cars born on date. My 94 has no hose attatched to the accumulator that is not held on by a springlock fitting. Does your drier have a factory made R134a fitting made into it or does it have an adapter screwed on it? If the fitting is screwed on it is a 93 or older drier. 1994 was the first year for R134a. Check around and see if you have a distributor for Air-Pro products in your area theyhave proper driers for these cars a lot cheaper than $140.00.:)

redxr7
07-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I just did a gutted the a/c and replaced the condensor, accumulator, and hose assembly. When ordering all the parts online I got a new dryer/accumulator and when it arrived. It turned out to be the wrong dryer/accumulator. Anyways I paided $15 for it and I think it is for a 92-94 SC. Send me a pic so I can see if it is the right one. If so it is yours if you pay for the shipping. I have no use for it and like garsc said you can get them cheaper on the net. Let me know if you want it.