low boost at takeoff

thundrburd

Ok, whenever it is hot out and I try to take off it is slow until it reaches about 3500 then it takes off , is it supposed to do that or could the belt be slipping at first ? and if its the belt how could you check to see if the belt is slipping ? thanks for any info

Tony

If its an auto you may be having something going on... If its a stick I'd blame it on lack of torque multiplication. Either way when the cars hot the decreased timing will make it a bit sluggish if its been pulled.

Last edited:
That's because it takes RPM to make power. It's useless to make power at 2500. You'll still make within 30rwtq of the peak but you won't make much HP until the motor gets some RPM. Just a simple basic of motors.

damon, its and auto, so what else could be going on that would make it do that ? I just recently put in a new motor( about a month or two ago) so could it be the supercharger is going out or something ?

First check for any boost leaks / vacuum leaks. I doubt its the SC. I do recall my auto car running a bit like that when my ACT sensor was going south. Didnt give me a code but it was bad none the less. And liek I said..When teh car gets hot timing will be pulled out. WHat gas are you running?..Have you heard any pinging or detonation?

How much boost are you getting?

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
First check for any boost leaks / vacuum leaks. I doubt its the SC. I do recall my auto car running a bit like that when my ACT sensor was going south. Didnt give me a code but it was bad none the less. And liek I said..When teh car gets hot timing will be pulled out. WHat gas are you running?..Have you heard any pinging or detonation?

How much boost are you getting?

where is the act sensor ? what is the act sensor ? I am running 93 octane, I havent heard any weird noises , I get about 5-7 boost when I take off, then if I let off and floor it again it will get up to 15 % at wot, but thats only after it is already moving at about 20 mph, but like I said when I floor it at a dead stop it doent do ~~~~, and boost is about 5

The ACT is the Air charge temperature sensor. If yours is an auto, are you sure its starting out in first? Sounds to me like its starting out in second. Might be time for a fluid change/tranny cooler wink wink

Tickler said:
The ACT is the Air charge temperature sensor. If yours is an auto, are you sure its starting out in first? Sounds to me like its starting out in second. Might be time for a fluid change/tranny cooler wink wink

well I assume its starting out in first, but maybe I will try manually starting it in 1st and see if it does it still, and I am wanting to get a transcooler, are they a pain to put on or are they easy ? and where would I get one ?

Tranny coolers are fairly easy to install if you have the tools and the right fittings. try looking on ebay for a medium size one, or look at a local shop. It probly wont fix your problem, but will prevent alot of trouble down the road. Your tranny shifts are controlled by your computer, it couldint hurt to check for codes via a koeo test. Best of luck

Back