Power steering leak (not motor mounts)

Phillio99

I pulled the lower IC tube and i put it back in and now I have a slight power steering leak that drips down the lower IC tube. Theres two lines that come off the pump the line with the sensor that hooks into it can move up and down, not sure if thats a problem, I can't get it to tighten though. Any idea of where the leak could be? Appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Phil

UPDATE: It's without doubt coming out of the line that has the sensor in it. The line can swing up and down, doubt its suppose to do that put i can not figure out how to tighten it.

Last edited:
The pressure line fitting is spose to swivel. wrap paper towel around both the high and low pressure lines to see which one is leaking. The reservoir is plastic and you could have cracked or broke the little tube that attaches to the low pressure hose thingy. I was forcefully taking out my lower IC tube one time and broke the tube right off.:eek:

Unless they've been replaced, the o-rings in the high pressure fitting are so old they can no longer hold the pressure. Remove the fitting and replace the o-rings (4 of them I think) and you should be good to go. I tolerated the exact same leak for months before I finally fixed it. I should have done it sooner. It only took a few minutes once I'd removed the top IC tube.

I still haven't been able to pinpoint the exact spot of the leak, it looks like its coming from right under the resevoir. I assume the high pressure line is still under pressure correct? Whatever the leak is its just drip dropping slowly enough not to be able to see where its coming from but fast enough to make abig leak.
Phil

I never could pinpoint exactly where mine was leaking from either before I fixed it, which is probably why I procrastinated for so long. I spent way more time looking at it trying to see where it was leaking from than I did replacing the o-rings. It really is simple job. Once you get the line off you'll see what I mean.

pump leak

Phillio99 said:
I still haven't been able to pinpoint the exact spot of the leak, it looks like its coming from right under the resevoir. I assume the high pressure line is still under pressure correct? Whatever the leak is its just drip dropping slowly enough not to be able to see where its coming from but fast enough to make abig leak.
Phil
i had the same problem & found that the o-ring on the EVO sensor stopped sealing 100%. drove me NUTZ. just a slight seepage & gravity did the rest; check it out

Back