Summer Info

Quik95SC

SCCoA Member
I know this is on the site elsewhere because I just used the info to order it. Just thought I would bring it up again and let everyone know the price.

For those having cooling issues for those hot summer days everyone says to use the Pontiac Air Deflector GM Part number 22635885 (For 1992-1998 Grand Am)

It was only 11.70 new from GM, so I won't bother going to a junk yard to find an old beat up one.

Just thought folks like to know it is not very expensive and something our cars really need for High Temp Highway driving.

Hope this helps folks a little.

Smitty

it would cost me

$27.01 in my part of california. so why is significantly cheaper for you?

and can i order it from your parts stor, with overnight

for like $5 cheaper? i hate cali inflation.

I order my GM parts from a wholesaler in Texas .. 30% off list price, and no sales tax .. but you end up paying that in shipping .. still saves alot of money if you make a large purchase or order alot of parts.

- Dan

hmm

i went to palo alto on 28o and back to see if it would overheat...no

but when i stepped on it from 70-100+ mph it got pretty hot, would a nice air damn help, or is it just age?:D

Other issues

Merlon,
It is pretty rough to run in excess of 80-100 MPH without a motor running a little warmer than usual, that being said, from what I can gather yes a little extra airflow into the radiator area may help at those speeds.

I can't remember if the fans shut off above a certain speed or not or if it just one or the other, and you now rely on speed to force air into the radiator and condensor.

Another issue is gearing, if you have higher gears = more RPM than usual which generates more heat in all your drive line components, especially engine.

I'm sticking with the notion that it certainly can't hurt to add some extra air flow!!

As far as the extra cost, order from the internet and from a place not in your state so you don't have to pay tax and shipping, only shipping.

Smitty

Last edited:
Back