Ford OE Gears = FRPP Gears ??

Thomas A

I was just wondering if an OE set of Ford 3.73 gears are the exact same thing as a set of FRPP 3.73 gears? Anyone know for a fact if there is any difference?

Thomas

Thomas A said:
I was just wondering if an OE set of Ford 3.73 gears are the exact same thing as a set of FRPP 3.73 gears? Anyone know for a fact if there is any difference?

Thomas

According to the guy who recently built the rearend for my turbo car, the FRPP gears are much lesser quality and he refused to install them and insisted on using a set of much more expensive Ford OEM gears. I think the Ford gears cost about twice what the FRPP gears do.

David

They are definately not the same. I know from a few places I have talked to the lower gears (4.30) are really motive. I have used those with no problems. As long as you are buying a good brand name gear I don't see what difference it makes it all comes down to setup. Then again I have used used gears on many occasions with good luck however they may whine until they break in again if the settings are not exactly the same which is almost impossible.
Alan

I believe FRPP gears to going tobe made by Motive gears. I currently know the 4:10's are. As the current FRPP gears are sold out, Motive will be making them.

Ken

Back