PDA

View Full Version : what does $15 membership fee get you

nickleman60
07-07-2006, 01:00 PM
absolutely nothing the way this site is going.

Spider
07-07-2006, 01:02 PM
lol i think you get discounts if you buy parts from certain places :D

gldiii
07-07-2006, 01:19 PM
The modest $15 fee helps support the website and subsidizes the public forums on the boards. We have some discounts with vendors for members as well. It will also help finance projects like the restoration of the AWD vehicle. Members can also buy items that we sell that have the Ford logos on the item. I realize it is not a long list, but it is also a very small fee. Most new product development for our cars has also come out of having this as a central place to talk about SC/XR7 stuff.

Having said all the nice stuff, I will tell you that we offer a full money back guarantee on your membership with no questions asked. If this site has become that intolerable to you, you are more than welcomed to request a refund.

I realize there are issues on the board and we are working to make things better. Posts and attitudes like this are not much help to anyone. Everything you have been guaranteed under the current fees is available to you. I realize that some of the things you are used to having are behind schedule and must be addressed. Once I have actual solutions to those issues, I'll post them in the appropriate forum. Until then, I don't really have anything to add.

My apologies that your day and life have been ruined because the member pages and fastest/most powerful lists are not up to date. I had hoped the site had more to offer, but am probably wrong about that.

The_Ghost
07-07-2006, 03:59 PM
What AWD vehicle???

Was there an AWD thunderbird or something?
I love that sort of uber-rare specialty vehicle!

tattoo
07-07-2006, 04:57 PM
The modest $15 fee helps support the website and subsidizes the public forums on the boards. We have some discounts with vendors for members as well. It will also help finance projects like the restoration of the AWD vehicle. Members can also buy items that we sell that have the Ford logos on the item. I realize it is not a long list, but it is also a very small fee. Most new product development for our cars has also come out of having this as a central place to talk about SC/XR7 stuff.

Having said all the nice stuff, I will tell you that we offer a full money back guarantee on your membership with no questions asked. If this site has become that intolerable to you, you are more than welcomed to request a refund.

I realize there are issues on the board and we are working to make things better. Posts and attitudes like this are not much help to anyone. Everything you have been guaranteed under the current fees is available to you. I realize that some of the things you are used to having are behind schedule and must be addressed. Once I have actual solutions to those issues, I'll post them in the appropriate forum. Until then, I don't really have anything to add.

My apologies that your day and life have been ruined because the member pages and fastest/most powerful lists are not up to date. I had hoped the site had more to offer, but am probably wrong about that.

Speaking of attitudes.....

My apologies that your day and life have been ruined because the member pages and fastest/most powerful lists are not up to date. I had hoped the site had more to offer, but am probably wrong about that.[/QUOTE]

gldiii
07-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Actually, I would call that quote sarcasm, but it does contain some truth and is how I feel.

I really don't believe the statement is out of line, even though out of character coming from me. But, given the tone of this post and seeing there are at least two other posts on this topic where people are discussing the issue in a helpful manner and then, BAM, this post appears. It just did not seem to be very useful in the current situation.

My real attitude is that this is a great site, but does have a lot of room for improvements that have been too slow in being implemented. I have no one but myself to blame for that and all I can try to do now is to try and fix it. I realize there have been offers to assist, but we (the board members) have to get things in place to effectively use that help. That will be my focus now and I'll wait to report back when we have something done, rather than giving reasons as to why something is not being done.

seawalkersee
07-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Yeah...there is an AWD SC. Do a search and you can see it. I for one, LOVE the fact that there is a base for this certain group of vehicles. Its not as if its a Chevrolet and everyone and thier mom have one. They are very rare and getting more and more so. I think that $15 is a small price to pay to have the knowledge and support of the club. So much in fact, that I have donated a small bit of cash to the purpose of the AWD SC (and if it is ever for auction by some slip up....). But you cant just go to some joe schmoe on the street and have him get the right parts for these cars. Come on...lets be grown ups.

Chris

The_Ghost
07-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks for an actual reply to my question walker.

Additionally, are there any photos of the 98 t-bird concept? all the photos I've found are of that goofy retro tbird that's out now.

On topic however:
I am probably going to join the club for access to the forums and additional help.

-Ghost

V8Supercoupe
07-07-2006, 07:47 PM
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61514

Here's a link.

Not everything is perfect with this site, that is for sure. When something goes wrong with someone's car it sure is nice to have a couple hundred guys come to your rescue with a remedy though isn't it?

It's worth the 15bux if you ask me. Hek, even if don't ask me.:D Imagine if they were charging the 40 that Bill used to charge. If people are that worried about member pages there are plenty of free sites you can post your heap on.

seawalkersee
07-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks for an actual reply to my question walker.

Additionally, are there any photos of the 98 t-bird concept? all the photos I've found are of that goofy retro tbird that's out now.

On topic however:
I am probably going to join the club for access to the forums and additional help.

-Ghost
Oh snap...I forgot you have to be a member to see it. And for the 98 style, it was a 97 with an early 03 cobra engine in it. It only had a M90 on it I believe though. There were four of them made and to my knowledge, only two are still in existance.

Chris

V8Supercoupe
07-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Oh snap

Hmm, doesn't sound like redneck talk to me!:D

The_Ghost
07-08-2006, 01:55 AM
Oh, I was concerned about the exterior appearance of the 98... sequential taillights and a few other goodies but design flaws such as an oval grille?

XxSlowpokexX
07-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Yes I absolutely loves posts created like this. Do people want a pin and a medal of honour saying they are a member?

$15 is a small price to pay to keep this site going. Even if info on these pages helped you once you have more then made out with your $15 payment.

Plain and simple it cost smoney to run this site.

Also as Goerge was alluding to. We can "legally" as members buy shirts and paraphanalia from the SCCOA that uses the ford thunderbird logo and symbol. And as a club we are allowed to produce such items and offer them to our members "LEGALLY"

Can this club be better...Sure what club cant?...But it is up to us to make it better. And quite frankly. This type of attitude doesnt help whatsoever.

As for the AWD vehicle...Yes its a club project car..One of a kind using a certain German car company;s AWD system.....Worth $15 to the curious?.....I'd say so..$15 to inpart help perserve this part of Tbird history....Well worth it...EVen if you car nothing about that....as I said earlier....$15 to learn even one thing about this car is well worth it.

seawalkersee
07-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Geroge, is there a parts list of things the AWD car needs?

Chris

V8Supercoupe
07-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Although....to add to what Damon has said. I do feel a little jipped I haven't been able to take the AWD SC mud bogging.

I still think a lift and some big tires would go good!:D Then it really would be one of a kind.:eek:

XxSlowpokexX
07-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Hopefully there will be more to come...I personally have some great ideas....And have offered my assistence. Weather we agree or disagree on how things are going now, I think we all can see what this site has done for many of us and what it can be in the future. And this goes way beyond the bickering we have over the top SC or fastest SC rules.....And if it doesnt unfortunately go beyond that (like I said I offered my help) its still a resourceful tool for all of us..And at $15 a bargain

thundrburd
07-09-2006, 11:36 AM
I would like to add that I love this site, that small amount to be a member is nothing to what it would have cost me to fix certain parts of my car, I had a problem with a cam sensor that ford wanted $180 to change, I got on this site and had a handfull of guys offering help, and Dave Neibert helped me put one on and gave me it, and wouldnt even take the case of beer I got him for his trouble ( which I still owe you dave) so what would you rather do, pay 15 bucks for a membership of a site of guys that are always willing to help, or pay ford a ~~~~load of money for doing the same thing you can do with a little help and about 10 minutes ? :)

David Neibert
07-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Anthony...you going out to dinner with the STL guys tonight ?

David

Tylertopaz
07-11-2006, 12:26 PM
$15 membership fee (to join SCCOA)
unlimited information about your SC or XR-7
friends for life that are willing to help.......PRICELESS

You know, as a woman and a car/speed lover, I don't think I have ever met nicer people. Everyone has been exceptionally wonderful and I'm proud to be a member;)
And will continue to be a member as long as it's around!

xr7rocket
07-11-2006, 03:21 PM
$15 is cheap to gain access the knowledge and experience of the members. If these forums were down on a regular basis, I'd be upset. It is a little annoying that things don't get updated regularly, but these are details compared to the purpose and function of the site.
You could go over to TCCOA and pay $40 for questionable gain (well they do have a new pic on the homepage each week, maybe some folks appreciate that sort of thing more than good advice) plus you have to deal with more riff raff and a lot more wasteful fluff in the forums.
To me $15 is well worth it.

seawalkersee
07-11-2006, 09:52 PM

You know, as a woman and a car/speed lover, I don't think I have ever met nicer people. Everyone has been exceptionally wonderful and I'm proud to be a member;)
We are nice because we want pictures....of your car of course.

Chris

txsc
07-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Where else can you get this kind of helpful information, parts discounts, and unlimited classifieds for less than 29 cents/week? Crap, you can find that much loose change lying on the ground in a week if you're that cheap! Some people are never happy...

90XR7Cougar5spd
07-11-2006, 10:22 PM
We are nice because we want pictures....of your car of course.

Chris

Down Chris, down! lol :p

Spider
07-16-2006, 09:06 AM

i must say out of all the forums i have ever been on this is the best group of people by far that i have ever met. even if i wasn't a member and i didn't have a SC i would still enjoy coming here and posting