ABS brake system turd :mad:

TbSCbos13

:mad: My 91 SC has had a problem with the brake system. when i put a new engine in last year the ABS system was rebuilt from the 2 i had mismatched togethor. I was driving tonight and the pedle was once again rock hard i know it is a proble with the nitrogen ball or the hudrolic motor on the bottem does n e one know how to effectively troubleshoot the problem and how much replacement parts will cost.

Thirdbird has the right idea. Junk that turd of a system before it junks you! Ive been sourcing out the same parts for my swap, but my numbers arent near as friendly as his, but still the whole swap for about 60 bucks and some of my time. Even if you want to use new swap parts its only 110 bucks or so. A good bit of that money can be gotten back by selling the old ABS system on EBAY....
However, if you are bent on fixing it, there is a troubleshooting faq on this site that Duffy wrote that is good at leading you to through troubleshooting. I dont have the link handy, but im sure a search will turn it up.

Back