slow 94 SC 5spd

ebodycab

problem is a very slow 94SC 5spd...sounds like a misfire..changed new plugs and wires..didn't help..what could be the problem..car has 90K miles..thanks

what do mean by slow?...is the car bucking or just mssing or what? is your upshift light comming on? help us out with a bit more info.....

Sweet90SC said:
what do mean by slow?...is the car bucking or just mssing or what? is your upshift light comming on? help us out with a bit more info.....
no power compared to my 89SC 5spd...difference is like day and night..no bucking,just feels like a misfire,has good boost but it is slow...this 94SC feels like a LX model...no upshift light..I don't have a code reader,maybe I need to buy one,what is the best model to get? thanks

I have one made by Actron that works good. Bought it at Advance. Maybe the cats are clogged, that can kill power quickly. Best to get a scanner and go from there.

sounds like plugged cats
i had a ford van that lost power it got so bad that top speed was 40 mph, took it to a muffler shop and the guy drove it around the block and said you got other troubles not the cats. i said just change the damn cats and ill deal with other troubles ....when i left the shop i was burning rubber out of the driveway !
oil from bad valve guides, coolant from blown headgaskets, or lead additives in the fuel really mess up cats.

A bad O2 sensor can send a bad signal to the eec (and my CEL didn't come on either) and the eec will try to balance the fuel and can overload one side of the motor and clog the cats. Happened to me. :( I checked over every possible thing on that car till I had run out of ideas. The right side O2 was bad and left side cat was clogged. Cut em and gutted em and it ran fine after that.

Last edited:
Back