Puller fan removal information/advice

dklitzke

Yesterday at lunchtime, while driving my '95 SC, the temp guage went to almost the red before I pulled in to an Express Oil Change and had them to diagnose the problem. Turned out to be the puller fan quit. Well, they wanted $240 bucks parts & labor to fix it so I said forget it and called AAA for a tow home. While waiting for the tow truck, I called SCP and ordered the fan, Bill gave me a discount, and I'll replace it myself. Well, when I got home, I removed the old fan, and here is the bottom line. Once you remove the shroud and fan assembly from the car, all you have to do is to take a punch and a hammer and just tap the fan motor shaft and push it out of of the fan assembly. I haven't received the new motor yet, but all you have to do is tap the new motor shaft through the hole in the fan, and re-install. Not too bad of a job. Just wanted to share that in case anyone else out there has the problem. BTW removing the shroud assembly was easy. The only bad part is you have to loosen the upper radiator hose and move it aside in order to slide the shroud out. You spill a little coolant, but minor problem. Hope this'll be of help to someone out there.

'95 SC Auto, 171k and still strong, soon to have Super6 4.3 stroker and MPIII plus Cobra aluminum posi-3.73 chunk and other upgrades.

'95 SC 5-speed, 25k, SCP exhaust, soon to install MPII ported blower w/5% pulley

Yeah, I do like these cars

Congrats on the removal. If you put the passenger side close to the motor and the IC side close to the front, you can carefully walk the shroud out and back in without removing the top rad. hose. If you are running natural oil, while you wait for the fan motor you might want to change the oil. Overheating realllllly cooks your oil, it looses its lubricanting abilities.

Hope your install goes as easy as the removal!

Back