button on rearview mirror

Merlon

i cant take it off? it seems to be stuck on. any trick, its supposed to slide right off right? mines fell off yesterday in the heat and im trying to fix it now, but im not gluing it all on together i want to glue the buttong, then slide the mirror on. but it wont budge.:mad:

There is a set screw in there that should be holding it against the button. you back that out and it should slide out.

Before you clean the glass, take a crayon and make an outline on the outside of the glass in the shape of the button outline and it's location on the glass. That way after you clean the inside of the glass real good, you'll still be able to figure out where to stick the button.

cmon

its hells a hot, scrapped of glued on glass and glue. now all i need to do it et the thing off. tried everytthing i could think off...

oh that little brown screw

hex shaped tiny thing.thanks man i rally appreciate it. i thought that was where a screw was till i looked closer. it was hot out there, so i moved to the shade to finish it.

Superclue HORRORS!!!

Merlon said:
hex shaped tiny thing.
You're lucky! I bought (one of several) auto dim mirrors on E-bay. With the 1st. one, some NIMROD superglued the button to the mirror!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: The real bitch is, that it's a working mirror, but I can't get the button out. I even thought about changing the mirror stem, but can't figure out how to R&R it.

68COUGAR

weak

yeah mines work...like they are possesed. i unplugged them hide the wires in the headlinre. took off the auto dim lens for the headlights and its rolling around in the back somewhere.

Back