Problems with PBR brake upgrade

x182dan

I am having issues with the install here is what I did. Keep in mind this is a 94sc I am putting the parts on. I used the PBR calipers, caliper brackets, all the hardware and bolts. The only tbird parts I used are the bracket to hub bolts. I had to shave a small part of the caliper off so it wouldn't hit the caliper and the passenger side bracket hit some of the dust shield so I cut a piece of that off also. I think I did it the right way. The pistons in the caliper are fully compressed to my knowledge. I any ideas what needs to be done? The wheels won't turn the brakes are so tight on the rotors that the rotors won't move. Do I need to shim something or another? They tech article I TCCOA is straightforward and I did what it said but still no go.

Dan

Mike8675309 said:
What pads are you using? you need to us mustang pads with those calipers.

yes brand new pads for the GT, everything seems to be correctly mounted and tightened down but the brakes are just to tight on the rotors both passenger and drivers side

Are You Sure Its The Brakes That Are Too Tight Or Is It The Bolts Holding The Bracket To The Spindle? I Seem To Recall That The Tbird Bolts Are Alittle Longer...

acb92sc said:
Are You Sure Its The Brakes That Are Too Tight Or Is It The Bolts Holding The Bracket To The Spindle? I Seem To Recall That The Tbird Bolts Are Alittle Longer...

its the reverse as far as I have read the tbird bolts are shorter and the mustang ones are to long

Just make sure you take a close look at how it's mounted. Make sure something isn't on there backwards, or the rotor is being held off the flat of the hub or something. If all of that looks fine, it's gotta just be that your rotor is a tad thick and the pads will need to be ground down.

Mike8675309 said:
Just make sure you take a close look at how it's mounted. Make sure something isn't on there backwards, or the rotor is being held off the flat of the hub or something. If all of that looks fine, it's gotta just be that your rotor is a tad thick and the pads will need to be ground down.

the pads came with shims that I didn't use should I have used them?

Shims are only needed to make up any clearance, and sometimes are used to help with squeeling. If things are already tight you don't want it tigher.

Back