Pulled my first codes...

DutchSCFan76

KOEO & Continious Mem.

66 O,C Mass air flow sensor fault, below minimum voltage

(cleaned MAF wires already, something to do after I installed SCP Cold air intake 3" w/ K&N).

91 R,C EGO sensor problem due to fuel pressure or injectors out of balance

41 C EGO sensor signal out of range (except 5.0L SEFI); fuel pressure out of range - 5.0L SEFI

additional with KOER test:

77 R Operator error during Dynamic Response Test

74 R Brake On/Off (BOO) switch fault

What does #74 really means :confused: With the KOEO, it came clear i have something bad with the fuel pressure....and running lean. What the MAF concerns, is my MAF screwed up? It came after I installed the SCP Cold air-intake kit....

In my Haynes book i got, it mentioned something bout bad 02 sensors (both sides) & running lean. I got the codes now from www.tccoa.com

Any help appreciated :)

There are 2 points in the test where you have to do something. One of them, you have to hit the brake pedal (reason for 74). At another point, you have to goose the throttle (WOT and back quickly). That might be the 77.

The only reason I know is that a friend hooked up his scanner and it's on-screen directions told him to tell me (the presser).

I have code 66 too, I have C&L maf & cold air kit (with washable cone filter..)
Check engine comes usually at idle and in this case it is just sign that air flow signal is too low at idle -> code 66. Cold air & bigger maf will sometimes cause that.

You could measure MAF voltage directly from plug, you have to prope 2 wires somehow, sorry cant remember which one :(
Measure voltage at idle and then gradually raise RPM and see if voltage raises too.

Code 66

I too have code 66.
When running the car with the A/C on, there is no CE light.
Once you turn the AC off CE comes on right away.
I have tried a new MAF and different EEC computer, same CE light and code.

rmsuper said:
I too have code 66.
When running the car with the A/C on, there is no CE light.
Once you turn the AC off CE comes on right away.
I have tried a new MAF and different EEC computer, same CE light and code.

:confused: what has the MAF to do with the A/C?

DutchSCFan76 said:
:confused: what has the MAF to do with the A/C?

My AC is empty at the moment so I cant test my theory, but I think that AC takes some power so IAC adds more air to compensate lowering idle -> more air going through MAF when AC is on. ECU might even raise idle speed littlebit when AC is on.

why don't you just remove the connection cable on the compressor (on top). I did this, because my A/C is not operational either.

I pulled the codes with the engine running.
It came up with the HEGO out of range both left and right.
There was also a code for the EGR valve.
Then I took it to the Mechanic.

Back