Blower upgrade

the-big-e

I am ready to change out the blower on my 89 to the 94-95 blower.....

Are there any problems that I need to be aware of during the installation?

I have ported exhaust manifolds, 5% blower, and 5% JS pullies....

your gonna need a tune, and hope that you have already installed bigger injectors and a better IC. You should make about 17-19psi of boost if you still have stock unported heads. Other than that its a simple swap, you might have to make some new vacuum lines

I Just Tightened The Last Bolt On My Swap Last Night. The Egr Bolts Right Up ( Although This Is The Perfect Time To Delete It If Youre Getting A Tune Anyway) You End Up W/ One Extra Vaccuum Fitting That Needs To Be Capped On The New Inlet Plenum (between The Tb & Sc). Changing The Injectors Out Is A Must... Get A Return Plenum Gasket And Remove That For The Injectors- It Saves Many Knuckles And Profanities. All Sensors Swap Over, Along With Throttle Linkages. Nothing Needs To Be Changed. Just Take Teh Sc/plenum/tb All As One And Bolt It On. I Would Change The Fluid And Snout Seal On The New Blower Before Installing. Peace Of Mind Is A Wonderful Thing.
On A Side Note, I Deleted My A/c While It Was Off And Rerouted A Few Wires (ignition Module, A/c Compressor, Etc) To Make Everything Look Alittle Neater. Search A/c Delete For Info On That If Interested...
Good Luck, And Its Worth While!

Eddie, go ahead and throw that exhaust on that you've got. I'd delete the EGR too :D and get the other COS processor if he still has it. Mine passed inspection. He lifted the hood and looked at the motor, but didn't go poking around to see if anything was missing. ;) :cool:

remember youll need a 94/95 style inlet plenum as well

I put a 91 motor in my 94 and used the blower, intake tubes and injectors everything from the 94 swap worked perfectly .:)

RadiumSC said:
he's just nervous about tearing into his BABY. :eek: :D :rolleyes:
You might be right......:rolleyes:

I just don't want to make any mistakes, or have any surprises pop up....

I will be taking the street division at he shoot out this year home to NC.......:D

What about an MP swap?

I just got an SC in and the previous owner said it has an MP on her......

Is there a way to tell if its an MP I or an MP II?

Any problems on swaping it out?

the only way to tell if its an MP 1 or 2 is by looking at the intake and exhaust sides of the SC. If its and MP2 it will have the MP logo cast into the back plate.

Remove Return Plenum Gasket for Injectors????????

acb92sc said:
Get A Return Plenum Gasket And Remove That For The Injectors
Does anybody know what this means? Remove WHAT for the injectors? :confused: What does the Return Plenum Gasket, have to do with Injectors? :confused:

Confused 68COUGAR

S-Model vs. MP II

the-big-e said:
I just got an SC in and the previous owner said it has an MP on her......Is there a way to tell if its an MP I or an MP II?
If you already have an MP II, why would you want to down grade to an S-Model? :confused: Most people want to UPGRADE their blower!

68COUGAR

I have the original M-90 blower on the car right now......

I have a 94-95 blower that I am wanting to install.....

In the mean time, I got another SC that the owner said has an MP blower on it.....

Are there any major differances between the MP and the 94-95 blowers?

68COUGAR said:
Does anybody know what this means? Remove WHAT for the injectors? :confused: What does the Return Plenum Gasket, have to do with Injectors? :confused:

Confused 68COUGAR

REMOVE THE RETURN PLENUM. IT IS IN THE WAY OF THE REAR OF THE DRIVER SIDE FUEL RAIL. I MEANT GET A NEW GASKET FOR IT SO THAT YOU CAN REMOVE THE PLENUM. SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION...

rzimmerl said:
your gonna need a tune,
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Am I missing something? I put a 94-95 blower on my 89 and no tune was needed....at least i wouldnt see why. Im using stock 30# injectors. Same upgrade will be made to the 35th on stock injectors.

I wouldn't think he would need a tune just for doing the blower swap. IF he changes injectors, then he will need one.

no run lean problems???????

CaifanSC said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Am I missing something? I put a 94-95 blower on my 89 and no tune was needed....at least i wouldnt see why. Im using stock 30# injectors. Same upgrade will be made to the 35th on stock injectors.
as Iwas going the same route:D

I Can Only Testify As To What I've Been Told And What I Want To Avoid. I Am Putting The 36's In, The S Model, A Fmic, And A Bigger Tb. It Will Have A Custom Front Exit Top For The Fmic, And I Was Told Anytime You Upgrade, Better Be Safe Than Sorry. We All Know How Finicky These Motors Get, And I Personally Am Not Taking The Chance To Blow A H/g Or Anything.
Maybe Some Of The "elders" Can Chime In Here....
Xr7dave, Niebert, Where Are You?

I Have 90 Sc

:D 3/4 TOP:) DI/C:rolleyes: 20 OVERBORED STRAIGHT EXHAUST:p 10 %UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS;) 10% SC PULLEY :cool: IT TOOK THE COMPUTER A WHILE TO RELEARN BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT,S OK :eek:

Here some food for thought

I just did a MPIII swap and I had a 95 blower on my 95 SC duh It sounded good and eec learned as best it could. On the street it ran OK, really nothing to compare it to. I actually ran several 1/8 mile runs with it and it seems to run real well. dropped about 4/10 in the 1/8.

Here is where the problem came in, I ran it at the track in Dayton purposely to get it tuned from Dave D. It ran a 14.1, but was cutting off and sputtering half way down the track, (after the 1/8 mile distance), never had it WOT for that long before. Come to find out the computer was trying as best it could to adjust the A/F ratio, but could only do so much.

After the proper tune from Dave it ran a respectable 13.877 with very bad/shredding blower belt . The tune made a huge difference both for performance and safety.

Take some good advise and get it tuned as quickly as possible. These cars are too finicky to play around with and end up with a worse situation than when you started.

Good Luck,
Smitty

Back