PDA

View Full Version : Left over parts and bolts

Young-SC-Owner
07-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Well i took a pic of the bolts that i have absolutly no idea where they go and do i really need to put this bracket on and lastly im lost as to where this coolant thing mounts and goes i also havent a clue what this plug in thing is
thanks --tony--:D :confused: and anyone know why there would be a reason i have 2 crank pulleys:confused:

Spider
07-10-2006, 07:32 PM
on that coolant hose i think theres bolt studs on the heads. i remember that coolant hose bracket getting in my way when i was putting in and taking out my spark plugs

Young-SC-Owner
07-10-2006, 07:37 PM
i think it might mount onto the studs on the exhaust manifold.....?

ThunderDave
07-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes. It mounts to the exhaust manifold studs. The bolts look kind of like Transmission bolts. The sensor looks like the map sensor and the bracket goes from the water pump to the power steering pump. A lot of people toss it, cause if you have to pull the water pump, you have to yank the power steering pulley off to get to the bolt behind it that holds that bracket on.

Are you sure they are both crank pullies? Did you have a parts car?

Young-SC-Owner
07-10-2006, 07:56 PM
well for sure i know one is a cranp pulley because the HB was mounted on it and the other one was there and no i dint have a parts car i got the car with motor disassembled in fact id bet they are tranny bolts come to think about it ok i will just toss the bracket seems i'd do more good without it :p Map sensor so it should have a vaccum line conneced to it correct?

V8Supercoupe
07-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Yes. It mounts to the exhaust manifold studs. The bolts look kind of like Transmission bolts. The sensor looks like the map sensor and the bracket goes from the water pump to the power steering pump. A lot of people toss it, cause if you have to pull the water pump, you have to yank the power steering pulley off to get to the bolt behind it that holds that bracket on.

The larger washer appears to go to a tensioner pulley.

I also agree with the above post!

Young-SC-Owner
07-10-2006, 10:13 PM
its not even a washer really its like a piece of sheetmetal bent into that shape

i have no idea where the big ~~~ nut goes either:p

dbd
07-10-2006, 10:35 PM
Your sensor(barometric absoulte pressure)(BAP sensor) (pic 1) should mount on the fire wall (left side as you face the engine) If I remember correctly there is no vacuum line to it. Just an electrical connector as shown in picture I attached.
Hope this helps.
dbd

Young-SC-Owner
07-10-2006, 10:40 PM
ok thanks thats where i found it dangling,... no hardware so time for the good ol sheet metal screws:p still no word on what the big a** nut is for?

68COUGAR
07-10-2006, 10:43 PM
What yr. SC do you have? Auto trans? Never saw those necked down bolts before. LOL.........They kinda look like the OEM LeMans Rod Bolts for a Ford 427 Side Oiler!!! The little screw looks like the one that holds the inner fender spash shield to the fender. Rotate that box thingie left 90 degrees & I think I've seen it on my '89. Dunno what it does, but I think it's mounted on the pass. side firewall. Hard to remember, it's been so long since I've seen it. I edited your pic a little. I hope the edited pic. will help identify the parts.

http://www.geocities.com/mark_strand/P7100002.jpg

68COUGAR

Young-SC-Owner
07-10-2006, 10:44 PM
89 SC its a five speed yes the pic u edited helps

Young-SC-Owner
07-10-2006, 10:50 PM
It looks like the huge nut must go somewhere else becides the engine considering its a bit rusted who knows...it was just in the boxes of parts i had for the car it mught not even be for it:eek:

68COUGAR
07-10-2006, 10:58 PM
It looks like the huge nut must go somewhere else becides the engine considering its a bit rusted who knows...it was just in the boxes of parts i had for the car it mught not even be for it:eek:
Damn, that nut looks familiar. What size hex is it? Check both SAE & Metric. I seem to remember it going on a bolt with a pointed head at the end of the thread. Sorry, to many Years & Beers to remember Every nut (human or otherwise) that I've come across, while working on my SC & others!

68COUGAR

Young-SC-Owner
07-10-2006, 11:04 PM
its a 21 MM nut and id hope you havent see too many human nuts;) :eek:

Tony8470
07-10-2006, 11:47 PM
I would say that bolt goes to: tranmission cross member, Transmission mount. Or motor mount. OR!!! i just remembered. Some bolt that goes in the middle of the crank pulley.

68COUGAR
07-11-2006, 12:08 AM
id hope you havent see too many human nuts;) :eek:
LOL.............I'm sure that you're to new to remember P-Diddy. A close personal friend of mine. Not the famous P-Diddy, but the INFAMOUS, (with SC guys here & the "other SC Forum"), P-Diddy. Was & still IS quite the character. Now he primarily haunts the T/A forums.

68COUGAR

Gs93SC
07-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Every one has been correct for the most part. the sensor mounts to the windshield wiper cowl on the passenger side. there is a spot that it presses on to like a electrical connector(the clip on the mounting bracket goes over a notch on the cowl just under the weather striping). The bolts are deffinetly trans bolts(I see only 6 but there should be 8)2 at the top of bellhousing 2 above starter 2 in same place on opposite side and 2 more go threw oil pan to bell at bottom. Washer goes on tensioner pully, between pully and nut. Nut is for transmission mount. Cant tell what last bolt is. Looks to be torx or tamper resistance(torx with pin in middle)

68COUGAR
07-11-2006, 02:43 AM
I would say that bolt goes to: tranmission cross member, Transmission mount. Or motor mount. OR!!! i just remembered. Some bolt that goes in the middle of the crank pulley.
I believe that you're talking about the NUT. Since when does a NUT secure the CRANK PULLEY? :confused: Do you have some Crank Balancer Stud kit installed on your car?

Confused 68COUGAR

Tony8470
07-11-2006, 03:18 AM
Funny man?

Anyways, I use that nut to turn over the engine thats how I recognized the 21mm.