California Speedway July 15 & 16

SVT2888

California Dragway Street Legal Info

Sat 15th 7 am 9 am - 6 pm Street Legal Car/Driver: $20 Spectator: $10
Sun 16th 7 am 9 am - 6 pm Street Legal Car/Driver: $20 Spectator: $10

If you plan to race, expect to arrive atleast 1/2 - 1 hour before the gates open. Last time we arrived 10 till 7 and then waited almost 3 hours to run through the tech lines.

So who's in?

Please I want some other T-bird guys to show up. Last time I went I was the only MN-12 and there was one very fast fox body.

I kept having people coming up to me and talking to me because they were surprised to see a T-bird at the track. It got old having to explain that my V-8 wasn't a 5.0:rolleyes:

Hey...

It would be cool to see a few of you guys again. I will be there with my 93 Z28. I think i am going sunday though :rolleyes:

Sorry guys

The forecast is for mid 80's by 9 am and a high near 108 in the afternoon. Too hot for this wuss (ditto for Lee). Whoever gets there...stay cool, drink lots!

Anthony

I'm back home already

Car started acting up and blowing smoke

Even before I got a bloody run in!!!!

I still ran one run with the car smoking and it ran a 16.045 @ 86.48 MPH.

It ran the 1/8th @ 10.391 @ 68.98 MPH. *the slowest mph it's ever run on the 1/8th*

Elevation 1100 ft Temp. 100F

Just decided it was better to head home after that. My bro said the it was blowing alot of smoke thru the whole run.

We'll I've got codes 1151 and 0430. 0430 is my old nemesis and has been there for ever. 1151 his new sidekick.

But I don't know is it's just sick or if its terminal.

Something always happens to the car when I'm about to order the Xcal 2. LOL. Infact I was gonna order it this week.

My truck throws that smoke all the time....off the tires tho :p

What's the oil consumption look like? Codes wont tell you much.

Codes

0430 is a catalyst efficiency failure code and 1151 is a lean condition. Do you have any vacuum leaks? Have you had any exhaust work (forward of the last cat) done? Does your car have EGR? How many miles on that puppy? When was the last time the O2's were changed? At it's last smog check, how did it do? Do you use an aftermarket oil coated air filter? If so, how often do you clean the maf? Let us know what you can, we'd love to help.
Anthony

Back