15+ Pounds from home ported M90...

sizemoremk

Hey guys, I haven't had much time to work on the 35th recently, but I have everything hooked up but the alky and N2O... Just thougth I'd share in the recent threads of project progress:p

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten to 15 pounds without the MPii or iii?

I worked over the inlet plenum by cutting out the bend and welding kinda straighter towards the SC inlet side; then ported darn near the whole 75mm out of the TB side of the inlet. In fact, I ported it so much that when I had it sandblasted, it uncovered pinholes where the flange met the tubular part:eek:
So I had to pay a guy to heliarc that really thin area. For the other stuff I used a spoolgun on a decent sized MIG welder for that and filling in the gap between the supercharger bearings in order to make the D-port ala Manny;) Just for the record, I didn't copy his idea, I had that idea, then realized he had already had it:eek: Oh, I also epoxied the sound ports in the SC...

Anyways, I have a 10% blower pulley, 5%JS pulley, gtp rotors, with a double IC, raised top, ported head, a cam similar to Dr. Fred 520 specs, but just a little taller with same duration. And of course the home ported/big valve heads, and 94/95 mustang headers, etc, etc with freeflowing exhaust. 2.5" - High flow cats (wink ;)) - magnaflow res. - then 3" out until it meets the factory split - then flowmassa's

Now I have not really beat on the car cuz I ain't had time to tune it, but I have laid into it in very short burst, and it feels really strong! It does creep just past the 15 mark on the factory boost guage, which had previously been about 12 before all the mods. I am surprised at the level of boost, and there seems ot be little if any belt slip. But I would have thought that I'd have stayed at about the same or even less boost, even with the OD... The heads have got to flow a little better, especially with the cam and big valves, and of course the exhaust...

It gets all kinda sideways from a stop, but it will barely catch 2nd with the stock VB I have in there; I got tired of waiting on the lentech, so I cleaned up my spare stocker, and put it in there, then the next day the lentech gets here:rolleyes: Not their fault, I knew it was gonna be about 3 weeks, but I wanted to get the car on the road... I'm looking forward to getting sideways on the 1-2 shift, and hopfully getting it to break the tires loose from 40-50:D Lord willin and the creek don't rise.

Now the non-locker takes some getting used to, kinda hard to explain, but it definatly feels better in 3rd and 4th.

Anyways, sorry for the drift, but I basically just wanted to know if I deserve a pat on the back for my boost level, or if this is about the norm...

Any thougts?

Last edited:
sizemoremk said:
Hey guys, I haven't had much time to work on the 35th recently, but I have everything hooked up but the alky and N2O... Just thougth I'd share in the recent threads of project progress:p

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten to 15 pounds without the MPii or iii?

I worked over the inlet plenum by cutting out the bend and welding kinda straighter towards the SC inlet side; then ported darn near the whole 75mm out of the TB side of the inlet. In fact, I ported it so much that when I had it sandblasted, it uncovered pinholes where the flange met the tubular part:eek:
So I had to pay a guy to heliarc that really thin area. For the other stuff I used a spoolgun on a decent sized MIG welder for that and filling in the gap between the supercharger bearings in order to make the D-port ala Manny;) Just for the record, I didn't copy his idea, I had that idea, then realized he had already had it:eek: Oh, I also epoxied the sound ports in the SC...

Anyways, I have a 10% blower pulley, 5%JS pulley, gtp rotors, with a double IC, raised top, ported head, a cam similar to Dr. Fred 520 specs, but just a little taller with same duration. And of course the home ported/big valve heads, and 94/95 mustang headers, etc, etc with freeflowing exhaust. 2.5" - High flow cats (wink ;)) - magnaflow res. - then 3" out until it meets the factory split - then flowmassa's

Now I have not really beat on the car cuz I ain't had time to tune it, but I have laid into it in very short burst, and it feels really strong! It does creep just past the 15 mark on the factory guage, which had previously been about 12 before all the mods. I am surprised at the level of boost, and there seems ot be little if any belt slip. But I would have thought that I'd have stayed at about the same or even less boost, even with the OD... The heads have got to flow a little better, especially with the cam and big valves, and of course the exhaust...

It gets all kinda sideways from a stop, but it will barely catch 2nd with the stock VB I have in there; I got tired of waiting on the lentech, so I cleaned up my spare stocker, and put it in there, then the next day the lentech gets here:rolleyes: Not their fault, I knew it was gonna be about 3 weeks, but I wanted to get the car on the road... I'm looking forward to getting sideways on the 1-2 shift, and hopfully getting it to break the tires loose from 40-50:D Lord willin and the creek don't rise.

Now the non-locker takes some getting used to, kinda hard to explain, but it definatly feels better in 3rd and 4th.

Anyways, sorry for the drift, but I basically just wanted to know if I deserve a pat on the back for my boost level, or if this is about the norm...

Any thougts?

My home ported M-90 gets 19.5lbs

I have a 95 case with coated rotors my dad ported the blower I ported the hat and IC and tubes I think with my upates should get 20 lbs of boost. But your question yes we did our own blower porting like you its the best way and fun using your skills to make power

Im getting 17-18 and thats just from a pulley and stock manifolds :D you think im putting a strain on the head gaskets

I was gettingh 21 psi on an ESM DIII blower (94-95 blower)with a 10% jackshaft and a 3.00 inch pulley. This was with an MP inlet 75mm tb 80 mm maf 3.5 inch intake, spearco IC, full lenght kooks headers and full exhaust. Motor however was stock so that number may be higher due to the heads and cam restricting flow.

Right now I'm getting 15psi with a 94 stock blower with 89 SC pulley, stock IC, 5% jackshaft, 70mm tb 73mm MAF, 3.5 inch intake, kooks midlenght headers and full exhaust

How are ya'lls heads and cam???

Man I wiash I had flowed these heads now...

I'm just curious if I'm not breathing as freely I think after the SC, or is the SC just grabbing more air than I imagined...

I really expected about 12 pounds.

I didn't pay attention, but is there a mechanical limit to the stock guage? Is just past 15 the limit, and if it is, will I screw it up pegging it liek that?

From what ya'll are saying, i wonder if I stayed in it for more than 3-5 seconds at the time in 3rd, it might get a little higher... It does seem to get to 15 almost imidiately...

Last edited:
Higher RPM's = Higher Boost

sizemoremk said:
i wonder if I stayed in it for more than 3-5 seconds at the time in 3rd, it might get a little higher... It does seem to get to 15 almost imidiately...
My 1st. MP II kept building boost as rpms increased. Pegged the guage. Doesn't the boost guage peg at about 17 psi?

Headers, 2.5" down pipes w/o cats, No Resonator (Yeah, it's Ricey!), 3.5" Big Dawg, 2.5" split w/Turbo muffs

68COUGAR

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
I was gettingh 21 psi on an ESM DIII blower (94-95 blower)with a 10% jackshaft and a 3.00 inch pulley. This was with an MP inlet 75mm tb 80 mm maf 3.5 inch intake, spearco IC, full lenght kooks headers and full exhaust. Motor however was stock so that number may be higher due to the heads and cam restricting flow.

Right now I'm getting 15psi with a 94 stock blower with 89 SC pulley, stock IC, 5% jackshaft, 70mm tb 73mm MAF, 3.5 inch intake, kooks midlenght headers and full exhaust
How did you stop the belts from slipping?

Marty

I've seen many 95 blowers make 17-19psi on stock motors when overdriven and/or ported. My S-Port used to make 15psi on my car with 10% OD. Now my early style ported blower makes 15psi with just 5% OD but the motor is stock for now so I can't really say what it would do with some good heads and a cam. We'll find out soon enough. Maybe you will be able to talk my wife into a race at the SC Shootout? I'm not allowed to drive the car anymore. :(

When my motor was stock I seen 14 psi from a stock 1990 blower and 10% OD.

Then I ported the heads did some bowl work installed Knooks mid headers and removed 2 cats and resanator with flowmaster mufflers and a DIC, after that I had to kill it to see 11 lbs.

Then I welded and ported a 1990 blower and inlet put that on and added 10% more OD 20% total, and could just get 15-15.5 lbs.

Now I custom welded/ported a 94/95 with a MPII inlet 75mm BBK T-body Custom front mount w/3" pipeing and custom top, The car would peg the stock boost gauge at around 4,300-4,500 RPM's and it pulled like crazy.

You could romp on it while crusing down the road 3,500-4,000 RPM's in second gear (5 speed) and it would kick brodside:D
Then I spun a rod bearing:(

Back