fuel rail leakage

90blackbird

Need help. Installing new engine in 90 sc. Fuel rail has leak in back rail. Grey covered tubing is cracked. No luck at Ford with replacement fix. What is the best method to repair?

Any direction or suggestion for repair greatly appreciated. I can't complete engine till I get this resolved.

Last edited:
fuel injector rail leak

Can anyone provide info on how or where to get the soft parts of the line replaced. Mine is cracked bad.

There is a special tubing that was used from the factory for the fuel rails. I cannot recall offhand what it was. It is the clear part actually on the rail with a grey plastic protective covering over it.

When we did my rails 2 years and 12,000 miles ago, we used the high pressure flexible fuel hose (not the stuff for carbureted engines!) and the solid band clamps made for high pressure lines. These do not have the "slits" of the regular worm gear clamps that can cut into the hose.

Just got a couple of feet of the hose and cut pieces to length. It has been running fine with no leaks.

Have you been able to remove the fuel rail yet?

Is it leaking from a metal part or a rubber part?

Metal might be repaired. Rubber possibly replaced.

Fuel rail removed. Leak is in the back section of grey plastic hose. Looking to replace this with high pressure fuel line and clamps. Any experience out there with doing this.

Back