FPR location

merkur

Where the heck is the fuel pressure regulator? Do ya have to pull the engine to replace it? I am putting on an adjustable reg. Do I have to pull the engine to adjust it? I know I'm gettin old, but I'm thinking I should be able to see it, or a little part of it. Help!
Danny
Never mind. I found the other thread explaining where the freeking thing is. You do have to pull the motor to get to it! Sorry about the useless post.

Last edited:
What?

I'm a little confused. Why do you have to pull the motor to get to the FPR. It is located on the fuel rail. It might a little hard with the windshield cowling, but remove that and you should be able to get to it, worse case scenario is having to pull the supercharger and then the fuel rail as 1 unit.

If I am way off here someone let me know.

Smitty

I always pull the supercharger, return plenum and rail to get to that stupid regulator. Adjusting it when the motor is back together is another nightmare. Suggest grounding the EEC test port to keep the pump running and setting the static pressure before reinstalling the supercharger and all that other junk. It's also the best way to check it for leaks.

Just make sure the battery is fully charged.

David

My bad, I was joking about pulling the motor. No, I was being sarcastic. Not intended for you, but for the engineers thatput it there. I am used to being able to make fuel pressure adjustments at the track, or on the dyno. It's putting a kink in my style man! I must remedy the situation.:rolleyes:
Danny

I can adjust mine with just removing the wiper cowling, all you have to do is take a dremel and make a grove in that plastic underneath the wiper cowling so you can get a allen key down there to twist in or out. much easier.

Cool man! Thanks alot, I'll be trying that one once I get the time to replace the stockerwith the adjustable that is sitting on the front seat for now. Thanks again.
danny:eek:

Back