PDA

View Full Version : new pump or seal

89redcat
07-12-2006, 06:39 PM
pour in the power steering fluid start it up and it comes right out and then that high pitch humming noise when u turn the wheel ............anyone????

Young-SC-Owner
07-12-2006, 06:42 PM
could be a broken PS hose or loose connection maybe oil pan rubbed a hole in a hardline have you changed your motormounts? to solid? or are they stockers still?

LJGriggs
07-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Where is the fluid leaking from? The lines connecting to the pump? The reservoir? The connections at the rack? Hard to suggest a solution without more detail...

David Neibert
07-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Where is the fluid leaking from? The lines connecting to the pump? The reservoir? The connections at the rack? Hard to suggest a solution without more detail...

Exactly....I'm placing my bet on the hose that runs beneath the oil pan, because the motor mounts are collapsed.

David

90coug
07-14-2006, 12:38 PM
After fixing my p/s leak I found that it was the high pressure hose, the spot at the end where the metal was pressed onto the rubber on the pump side, the rubber had failed right where it joined the metal and it leaked like nothing else. Another time it was the smaller hose that attaches to the pump, the cheapo clamp Ford used just wasn't doing it's job anymore. Replaced that with a good clamp and that stopped that leak, finally I have no more leaks!

Young-SC-Owner
07-14-2006, 06:27 PM
good deal :p :p