PDA

View Full Version : Rough running '94.

LilCop2002
07-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Well folks, I purchased my newly acquired '94 SC about a month ago and after tearing into her, I've finally been able to get it running again.

The previous owner put lots of time and money into the car with verifiable receipts and missed a step when putting it all back together. Somehow, the camshaft bolt that holds it in from the front came loose and while the car was running would walk forward and slam into the back of the timing chain cover. The timing chain cover cracked behind the water pump allowing coolant to leak into the oil. I went in and redid all of the work on the front and top of motor to fix my problems. The timing chain cover isn't leaking any fluids, the nasty tapping sound is gone, there are no air leaks anywhere, and she starts up on the first crank.

My question and problem lies here: For some reason, the car seems to be running on only 4 cylinders. I've checked all of the spark plug wires for any burns, checked them for proper firing order as well. I've installed a new ignition coil, as well as checking the spark plugs for cylinders 3 and 4 which look like new. I've run the codes on the car for KOEO which came back as all ones, and with the KOER, it had a few codes that needed to be cleared out for the Coolant Temp Sensor as well as the TPS. Other than that, she came back clear. I had my DIS Module checked at Autozone and it came back clear. She also is blowing out a gray colored smoke. I thought at first that it was burning oil, but it doesn't smell like anything at all! I'm at a loss for ideas as all of the wiring diagrams and testing procedures that I can find are all for the 93 and older models. This link http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29514&highlight=dead+cylinder
Shows what I've got to look at, but I'm not sure if it will work for my needs.

Before I can do much more diagnostics, I need to change out my oil pump so that I don't get any problems due to lack of oil, but any ideas would be highly appreciated. I can be contacted by this post, yahoo IM: Burntorangeexpo or AOL IM DaddytoTaylorB.

LilCop2002
07-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Quick bump for the day crew.