PDA

View Full Version : Clutch lines....

ss_scuba
07-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Hey guys,

I've been working with a local machinist to make some adapters in order to use stainless braid lines for our clutches. When I took my car apart, the quick release was corroded together so I cut the plastic line.

The design I've come up with and will be testing as soon as I get my car running includes a hydraulic quick release inline to make removal easier.

The "kit" so far:
http://www3.telus.net/yyc_tbird_sc/IMG_3780.jpg

How the master cylinder sits between the shock tower and the fire wall:
http://www3.telus.net/yyc_tbird_sc/IMG_3781.jpg

The adapter and small piece of line for the slave cylinder:
http://www3.telus.net/yyc_tbird_sc/IMG_3791.jpg

And I'm going to get rid of the factory bleeder, while moving it away from the slave cylinder to outside the transmission. This is what I'm working on right now...
http://www3.telus.net/yyc_tbird_sc/IMG_3782.jpg

I'm still talking with the machinist here, but as soon as I am sure this will work then I will offer the kit to those who want it. Be advised though....this will mean pulling the transmission in order to use it and I'd advise of changing the master and slave cylinders while doing so. More info to follow, and if I get this to the selling stage, then I'll start a new thread for just that. I have no idea on prices yet.

Kurt K
07-13-2006, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure if / when I might need something like this, but I wanted to comment that it looks like it should work well. Good job.

ss_scuba
07-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Just in case anyone wanted to see them...these are the fittings for the master and slave cylinder. The master cylinder one is actually shorter due to the lack of room between it and the shock tower.
http://www3.telus.net/yyc_tbird_sc/IMG_3786.jpg

As a hind sight, we didn't put any flat spots or a hex for a wrench to hold the fittings so I had to use a pair of vice grips instead. Since the fittings are made of 4140 Chromoly steel, I don't think that will be a problem at all....

darkstar_one
07-13-2006, 04:40 PM
sounds good dude, keep us posted, i would definetely be interested in one of these kits, thanks.

Mike8675309
07-13-2006, 11:24 PM
how are you going to deal with bleeding things. The stock fittings allow for bench bleeding the master cylinder and then it gets hooked up and keeps air from showing up in it.

ss_scuba
07-14-2006, 03:25 AM
For the bleeder...I'm currently taking the existing one and cutting a male 1/8" NPT thread on it and drilling it out completely. This will allow me to take it outside the transmission casing using the parts in the following pic. Using a bleeder designed for custom brakes, I should be able to bleed the clutch just as easy as my brakes.

http://www3.telus.net/yyc_tbird_sc/IMG_3782.jpg

On the side of the transmission where the bleeder pops out, there is a boss of metal. I'm going to drill and tap a small hole there to support the bleeder with a rubber hose clap.

Flip
07-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Nice work.. Keep us up to date on how the testing goes.

Sweet90SC
07-15-2006, 12:10 AM
yea looks nice I'd be interested...
Rick

Mike8675309
07-15-2006, 12:24 AM
Note that something like this could have an application with the Ford Ranger and F150 truck crowd who also have a similar transmission with a hydraulic slave cylinder and the same kind of issues.

victor malvar
07-15-2006, 12:54 AM
How are you doing...Fine we hope.

Good thinking this is a real good idea on your part. We are constantly getting request for these lines. I think you could do real well with it. I hope you get it finished. GOOD LUCK! I would be interested in a few.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Victor......

ss_scuba
07-15-2006, 04:27 AM
Mike,

I have talked with some of the ranger guys, and with their lines still available from Ford they're not too worried about. However....they like them cause it allows them to change engine/trans combos without loosing the hydraulic clutch.

Tony8470
07-15-2006, 05:05 AM
Looks real good. Would it involve reusing the seal for the master cylinder? I had one go bad on me once. Also, a trick I found was that aquarium air hoses fit inside the bleeder valve snugly so you can manuever them to wherever you want the fluid to be bled out to.

ss_scuba
07-15-2006, 03:07 PM
No reusing seals. I can get them pretty easy.

As for the bleeding, I like having it outside the transmission so you could see what you're doing, and be able to use a vacuum bleeder on it then.

seawalkersee
07-15-2006, 04:19 PM
I will have to see how well the tranny holds up with the 2.3 Whipple on top...If it lasts and I dont have to go to an aod, I would like to get one.

Chris

fturner
07-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Well, if you need a test car, I'm all set to do a 5 spd swap in on mine, but the only thing I don't have is a clutch line as I cannot source one anywhere including used. I'm about ready to just give up and sell everything off that I've bought :( .

Frit

ss_scuba
07-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Sorry for the wait, but a back injury at work has slowed me down quite a bit. I've got the lines and slave cylinder installed into the transmission and should have the transmission installed this weekend for testing.

How it looks inside the bellhousing:
http://www3.telus.net/yyc_tbird_sc/IMG_3971.jpg

The fittings outside the transmission. Notice the easy access bleeder:
http://www3.telus.net/yyc_tbird_sc/IMG_3975.jpg

Mike8675309
07-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Nice job. Keep up the good work and I know I'd be interested here in a few weeks.

Mike

fturner
08-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Hows the clutch line coming along?

Frit

Kevin Varnes
08-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Looking nice. Would we be able to get the main hydraulic line in a custom length? I'm looking at putting an M5R2 into a car other than a T-Bird and I think I'll need a longer line. I'm glad someone is working on a replacement for the stock line. Not only are they hard to find, but I have grown tired of the release mechanism on the stock setup.

Mike8675309
09-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Did you ever look into useing these quick disconnect fittings from Aeroquip?
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/aer-fbm1073_w.jpg

ss_scuba
09-08-2006, 03:03 AM
Sorry for the delay guys.

I have the car on the road, and aside from a mistake on my part it's all working really well. After some tuning and breaking in of the clutch, I'm gonna flog the system and see how it stands up.

It bleeds absolutely awesome! I have not found any leaks, and it's got really good pedal feel. As soon as I know this is going to work and stand up the way I hope, then I will get my machinist to fire off a bunch of fittings and get the hose done up.

I did look into using the Aeroquip fitting you posted, but I decided not to based on the cost of them. The quick disconnect fitting that I'm using is actually made by Aeroquip, it just doesn't have the clip on it. It actually takes a bit of trying to get the fitting apart as it is.

BKB
09-19-2006, 10:36 PM
I dont want to hijack this thread but i have been using 18 wheeler air brake line to replace the ford plastic line for years. I have a SC hydro system in my 94 Mustang with a T-5 and had to make all new lines. When you cut the OEM ford plastic off the metal ends are barbed. You just heat the metal ends with a small torch and push the plastic over it. You can tell if its too hot or cold. I have never had a failure.

seawalkersee
09-20-2006, 10:12 PM
HOLY SHNIKES....that just might work...

Chris

victor malvar
10-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Hello Scuba,

We are interested in your clutch lines. I plan on reparing the M5r2 and these clutch line kits could be needed. They look great.
will you have these available as needed if we need more than one or two. possibly more depending on the demand of what we have planned. Please advise on the avalability of these kits. Thanks Much!!!

I originally posted wrongly on your thread but It seems Admin or George have already changed it to the proper place. Thank you admin!!!

Victor...
spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net

Charles Markman
11-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Instead a custom machined fitting, you might want to look into Russell # 640281. It loks like it would slide right into the slave cylinder and allow you to go directly to braided line.

http://paceperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=94715

Charles

ss_scuba
11-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Charles...awesome find! The last time I checked with Russell, they didn't have anything like that.

I'm sorry for not keeping this up to date, earlier this summer I had torn a muscle in my back and have not been doing alot since then with the car.

Ryan A Harris
11-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Charles...awesome find! The last time I checked with Russell, they didn't have anything like that.

I'm sorry for not keeping this up to date, earlier this summer I had torn a muscle in my back and have not been doing alot since then with the car.

I'd like to see these come to the market for us, I would be looking 2 off the hop.

White Lightning
11-23-2006, 08:19 PM
Just a link so I can stay on top of this! cheers, Frank.

ss_scuba
11-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Okay, I'm sourcing the fittings locally and gonna get some pricing on lines as soon as I can.

Are people going to want the quick disconnect fitting? These things aren't cheap and with the line just being a -3 AN...it's pretty easy to disconnect the line as is.

Also, is everyone still wanting the bleeder setup?

Flip
11-24-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm up for one set with the bleeder setup, I really don't need the quick disconnect but will buy it if thats the way you set up the kits. Going to go with a new clutch some time within the couple of months. So I'm ready when you you are. Thanks for working on this and getting stuff together.
Flip

MikeKanterakis
11-24-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm interested in a less expensive kit w/out the more expensive quick disconnect feature. The only time I've needed to take out the clutch line is when I'm taking out the transmission, and that's such a big job in itself that I didn't really think that the stock fitting was the part of the procedure that slowed me down.

The bleeder set-up you've shown seems really great and much more accessible.

Mike8675309
11-24-2006, 09:58 PM
bleeder yes. Quick disconnect, not necessary, but a nice option.

victor malvar
11-25-2006, 02:16 AM
bleeder yes. Quick disconnect, not necessary, but a nice option.

I think so too. I hope you have these soon. I have more 5 spds than anything else so I am interested. Mike Thanks for use of your reply!

I will add something as you asked me on that one post I did real soon.
I have asked for information from them but have not received any to date. One of the guys is on Vacation. If you need one I will take good care of you!!!

ss_scuba
11-25-2006, 12:36 PM
The fittings and line are pretty simple...I'm currently sourcing the parts for the bleeders. I should have an answer early next week.

Ryan A Harris
11-27-2006, 02:45 PM
SS Scuba, I'd be down for 2 with bleeders, but not the quick disconnect.

I guess we can work out a trade/cash deal with the crank pulley your looking to get from me.;)

Jim Allen
03-20-2007, 08:42 PM
SS how is it coming with the lines, I would be intrested in bleeder and line with no disconnect

ThunderGodRacin
03-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Im in for a set up w/ bleeder sans quick disconnect.

Im not in a big hurry though (Still in Iraq) but Ill order one up just the same.

Man I gotta alot of work ahead of me.

ss_scuba
04-11-2007, 01:11 AM
Sorry for the delay guys. Life got in the way of everything automotive lately. Gonna start working on these again.

MikeKanterakis
04-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Great, I'm still down for 1 w/out quick disconnect.

Flip
04-11-2007, 07:56 PM
I would still like one w/o the quick disconnect.
Thanks

mywhite89
07-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Any new updates Scott? I am in the market for at least 1, maybe 2. What will it take to get this moving?

Jim Allen
07-21-2007, 01:03 AM
I am holding off putting in my tranny till we can get braided lines

S_Mazza
06-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Here's a bump for this interesting topic. My car is an AOD, but I am still curious if the project has gone anywhere. Or what is needed to advance it.

nanatothesixth
06-19-2008, 12:23 PM
i would be up for 1 if this ever goes anywhere.
thanks! Tom

SC'er
06-27-2008, 01:54 PM
I am interested in this also. Was pricing and availability ever worked out?

Jim Allen
07-02-2008, 07:29 AM
If I get the info where he stopped I will finish the R & D, I just had surgery and have alot of spare time on my hands to sit in my shop and tinker with it

talonhead
07-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Was trying to gather some info on different types of fittings around and ran into a couple of kits.
42" stainless hose with adapters for master and slave (for jeep).
from Advance Adapters P/N 716130TJH. From what I am seeing these roll pin captured fittings are fairly common. Another outfit making kits is "Longacre" looks like they have a 18", 24" & 36" hoses with adapters.
Hose size mentioned was AN-4
Prices are between $30 and $70.
Sent off a few emails to see if someone knew if they would fit a ford.
MikeH

talonhead
07-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Got a reply from two seperate individuals/companies. Neither know if the jeep clutch kits will fit the ford. Attached is some measurements of the ford slave attachment piece.

Duffy Floyd
07-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Interestingly.....rockauto is now listing a CENTRIC Part # 15161002 for the clutch lines for our cars. I have NO IDEA if it is correct, or just a mistake, but someone might want to check it out before recreating the wheel.

fastsc92
07-17-2008, 07:45 AM
I just got one a month or so ago...same as stock, fit like a glove and the price was cheap.

decipha
07-22-2008, 08:42 PM
im about to order one too, my used line i bought from somewhere on here is broken.

http://a759.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/23/l_27ef4ed2caacff86f273993c260f8a5e.jpg

$51.19 shipped to the neighbors

seawalkersee
07-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Is that your small block (current porject) or did you have Canton make you a pan (old engine)?

Chris

talonhead
08-08-2008, 02:28 AM
Just recieved some parts from Russell. P/N 640281 "Clutch fittings with quad rings, Chrysler/Jeep #3AN male flare. They are a perfect fit for the slave. However, they will not fit with a hose on the master (AN 90* is to long and hits fenderwell. Put in an email to McLeod about one of there swivel Slave fittings and see if they will work. (Their's use a AN4 hose and connections)
If anyone has any knowledge about McLeod slave fittings please chime in.

MikeH

victor malvar
08-08-2008, 09:40 AM
I have been wating to get one or two of these since this thread started...I hope it gets finished and works as good or better than stock. I'm sure it probabably work just fine...I would like to see the finished product. Keep it up....I will try what Duffy posted for now but would still be interested in this project since I have followed most of it or at least the beginning of this thread. See it through.....

I'm anxios to see the finished product. I have to many five speeds (8) at least?? Need to get rid of a couple!!

Thanks !!!

I will ask a friend if he knows anything about the McLeod slave fittings and let you know as soon as I get hold of him.

Victor...

talonhead
08-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Tried to get info from McLeod on their swivel elbo slave fittings, even gave the guy a link to Russells so they could compare fittings.
Either he's a complete moron or he's playing stupid. Based on the lack of knowledge in recommending parts for my T56 swap, I'm guessing the first.

Fired an email to Russell's to see if they might have a 90* quad ring fitting in there inventory. I mentioned that if not, it might be a good one to have, so people can convert/upgrade to a standard style hose fitting in the event of hose failure or changing/installing manual transmission. Two fittings in a kit, then choose your length of hose(s) if you want to install a Q-D or not.

I have to admit, the having the adapter long enough to disconnect it outside of the trans is a real good idea.
MikeH

BKB
08-13-2008, 05:23 AM
I like my simple cheap method. I just use 1/4 plastic air line for air suspension, heat up a barbed end and slide it on. You can use brass compression fittings if you need to disconnect the line. I have been doing this for about 7 years now with no problems. Cost me about $7.00 to repair a clutch line.

talonhead
08-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Got an email from the guy at McLeod, he says the elbo fittings on their slaves are the same as the Ford and Russells'. they can be gotten in AN3 & AN4 hose sizes. Not cheap though, and finding some place that carries them AND has them in stock is a pain. But stainless braid looks sharp!
MikeH

Jeremy_K
08-13-2008, 09:31 PM
I like my simple cheap method. I just use 1/4 plastic air line for air suspension, heat up a barbed end and slide it on. You can use brass compression fittings if you need to disconnect the line. I have been doing this for about 7 years now with no problems. Cost me about $7.00 to repair a clutch line.

Bingo! I knew I moved to Pennsyltucky for a reason. Good old fashioned back yard engineering. You shouldn't have given away your secret. You could be selling these tubes for at least $45 each because they're for a "SuperCoupe"! :p
I'll be doing the same thing when it's time to replace mine. Maybe I'll wrap it in stainless steel braided so it looks important!:D

decipha
08-16-2008, 01:42 AM
thats the 351w small block

Is that your small block (current porject) or did you have Canton make you a pan (old engine)?

Chris

ricardoa1
06-26-2011, 08:40 PM

Hi, can you post more detailed info on this method of repair. I bought the Centric replacement line. But after a while my headers and the heat it spits out do work on it and eventually melts it.

Im going to buy another one but before I want to see if your method will allow me to run the line further away from headers.

talonhead
06-27-2011, 12:31 AM
....I found out that my mid-plate is a BW Viper part. Also that the Viper and SC slave bolts are clocked the same, and the Viper slave shares the same QD as the ford (but its longer). The bleeder is longer also, I can slip a wrench on it from outside the bellhousing with no problem.
MikeH

ricardoa1
06-27-2011, 08:07 AM
....I found out that my mid-plate is a BW Viper part. Also that the Viper and SC slave bolts are clocked the same, and the Viper slave shares the same QD as the ford (but its longer). The bleeder is longer also, I can slip a wrench on it from outside the bellhousing with no problem.
MikeH

Are you saying this cause you think the quick relase is the same as the viper slave? Im curious if it is. We can maybe look at what viper owners are using and maybe a braided line will be available. I really just need to move things out of the way from the headers. I should wrap them too but dont know how easy that is when they are already installed on the car.

talonhead
06-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Are you saying this cause you think the quick relase is the same as the viper slave? Im curious if it is. We can maybe look at what viper owners are using and maybe a braided line will be available. I really just need to move things out of the way from the headers. I should wrap them too but dont know how easy that is when they are already installed on the car.

Ricardo, YES the QD on the viper slave is the same as the ford (just longer)
The key is.....Having a Viper mid-plate.
The SC/Viper slaves are 'clocked 8 and 2 vs. GM at 10 and 4.
I don't have a GM unit to look at, but the pics I've seen the QD looks the same as the SC/Viper except that its gold where the others are black. The pressure that is inside these hoses are not that great. I am using 0.250 stiff clear plastic tubing what we call at work P250. and it works just fine on the test stand. It's not heat proof by any stretch.
The Dodge/Jeep quad ring piece has a 3AN male, so you can connect a brake/clutch braided line to it. Russell's makes 'em, just have to find someone who sells them. The same for the master 90* fittings are more $.
Put some fiberglass cloth type heat shield around the tube to protect it heat.
MikeH

ricardoa1
06-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Wait you are suggesting to change the slave? i dont want to drop the transmission at this point anywhow. Maybe I am misunderstanding :confused:

I just want to move the line out of the way.

The burst happened with the fiberglass cloth tube in place.

ricardoa1
06-27-2011, 09:53 PM
I found this picture in the viper forums. I wonder how much the line is and how it comes.... Looks like they are braided unless this guy had a custom one made.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff224/dave6666waybad/Transmission%20Removal/ClutchSlaveHydraulicLineTool.jpg

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/viper-discussions-gen-i/86698-gen-2-transmission-r.html

ricardoa1
06-27-2011, 10:35 PM
After some homework looks like Centric also makes a line for the Viper so I will be ordering it from Rockauto. I am going to order the viper one and the SC one and if the viper one does not work I will be return it. I hope it all works out. That would be balls if it does. Wish me luck. And ill take some props if it all works out...:p

BTW the Centric part # for the viper line is 15163001. Again RockAuto has the centric parts mis-catalogued.

talonhead
06-28-2011, 01:08 AM
Ricardo,
Did a search for hyd. clutch hoses/lines. I wound up at McLeod Racing.
It looks like the QD's are the same for Mopar/Ford/GM. They can be had with lines or no lines (stl braided)
Hopefully the sheet I made up is attached.
MikeH

ricardoa1
06-28-2011, 06:44 AM
The gold Quick Disconect need to match male and female.
The blue male needs to match to the black female.

This guy tried to put a gold male into the viper slave with has the black female quick disconnect. I think all of the mcleod lines are Gold Not sure though. We have a black Female blue male combo. Thats why I want to give the viper line a shot.

Read this, a guy going through this issue.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1717062&postcount=1

ricardoa1
06-28-2011, 08:16 AM
With some luck I hope this is what I will get. Notice the line...I just dont know about length I hope it reaches and it has the same fittint at the master. Dodge sells the line with the master together only, so I hope Centric will be correct in their application/number.
Its like X-mass all over again.

http://jmbperformance.com/store/images/srt10clutchupgrade.jpg

talonhead
06-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Yeah,
My Viper and SC slaves both have black connector halves, and the SC hose has a black half also.

Ricardo, is this on a M5R2? If so, I can see why the reluctance to go into it.
MikeH

ricardoa1
06-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Yeah,
My Viper and SC slaves both have black connector halves, and the SC hose has a black half also.

Ricardo, is this on a M5R2? If so, I can see why the reluctance to go into it.
MikeH

Mine car has a blue male half. I have a stock m5r2. It has not even been a year since that trans was out to replace the clutch a few days before the shootout. I dont want to go anywhere near process.

Lets hope the Centric comes in correct.

talonhead
06-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Ricardo, I was reviewing some pics of my SC stuff and found one of the male QD plug and it was an anodized "pink" , most of the black is worn off.
MikeH

ricardoa1
07-05-2011, 04:54 PM
It came in, You were right on the black color, Mine must have been purple and I didnt remember.

I think its going to work but the different colors has me worried. I think the black and blue fitting are the same size. Or appears to be, the master side is similar and the gasket is the same. But the nipple is a little longer on the viper line. Maybe it will fit as is, if not time to grind it down a bit to match the bird.

THe line is long enough to move it away from the exhaust so I hope I can get in in there soon, And test out if it will leak or not. I think we hit a homerun on this one if it all works out. I know there has to me more then just me melting hoses.......

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo26/94/0d/03d8c019c528__1309898191000.jpg
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo11/d0/4b/dc101e28eb63__1309898280000.jpg
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo02/e0/7f/824d7603e208__1309898076000.jpg
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo02/7d/ce/58ad330a6277__1309898695000.jpg

White Lightning
07-05-2011, 07:58 PM
This is a link as I will be stripping my SC, from the rear main seal back and updating EVERYTHING!!!!! cheers White Lighning aka Frank H.

ricardoa1
07-07-2011, 08:44 AM
I have not had a chance to get dirty under my car, been busy installing a mini/split AC unit on my house..PAIN

But I tried it on my spare slave cylinder. And the viper line goes in a it clips on securely. THe O ring on that side is the same size as the bird so I think it will work fine at the slave. The master I am pretty confident that it will work. Stay tuned. Im excited about this. :D Im happy to get rid of this unrealiable variable of my car. It has left me stranded 500 miles away from home before. :mad: I dont want that to ever happen again. :rolleyes:

fastsc92
07-09-2011, 07:16 AM
If worst comes to worst, why don't we just machine female NPT threads into each end of the stock line and install a standard 2' braided line? Should cost around $10... Give me your old line and I'll put them on the lathe and machine some parts to fit.

Get some calipers and measure the sizes of the fittings. By eye from the pics, it looks like the blue fitting is larger.

As a side note, my long tubes also burnt a hole in my clutch line, leaving me stranded also. I had to fab up a heat shield to protect the new line. It's been good since then, however the car hasn't seen much action in a few years....

BKB
07-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi, can you post more detailed info on this method of repair. I bought the Centric replacement line. But after a while my headers and the heat it spits out do work on it and eventually melts it.

Im going to buy another one but before I want to see if your method will allow me to run the line further away from headers.

Not a whole lot more to explain. I bought some cheap air line from a big rig shop and cut the ends off the old clutch line. The clutch fittings have an almost barbed end on them anyways. Heat the metal fitting up till the plastic will slide over without melting it, it will take a few tries im sure. I have been running a SC hydraulic system on my mustang for over 12 years. This line has held up with long tube headers with no problems. I did just recently run the plastic line inside some 3/8 rubber hose to stop shafing and possible header damage.

ricardoa1
07-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Not a whole lot more to explain. I bought some cheap air line from a big rig shop and cut the ends off the old clutch line. The clutch fittings have an almost barbed end on them anyways. Heat the metal fitting up till the plastic will slide over without melting it, it will take a few tries im sure. I have been running a SC hydraulic system on my mustang for over 12 years. This line has held up with long tube headers with no problems. I did just recently run the plastic line inside some 3/8 rubber hose to stop shafing and possible header damage.

Thanks but I think I found a better solution with the viper line.

To update I got the line installed last night the length on the master side fitting did not give me a problem the fitting bottomed out just like the stock one did and oring gasket and pin were the same. Before installing I pumped the plunger and seems that there was resistance. So I dont think there will be a leak from there. Now on to the master side fitting, I knew I was not crazy, the stock/replacement line I had purchased from Centric a few years back WAS anodized blue just like this viper line. So I knew I had seen blue before. Although the new stock line I just bought just in case is black. To boot the factory slave the trans has a female that is red anodized and my spare is red. So i guess color can be any. I going to assum black and blue are the same size.

The line clipped onto the factory slave, I did not get a chance to bleed it. I tried it but I got the dreaded dead pedal, So i let it sit overnight so some fluid trickles down. I had this problem bleeding before so before we blame that the Viper line is at fault lets be patience. I ran out of daylight and the mosquitoes were doing a number on me and the wife (helper). So I called it quits for now.

Stay tunned.

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo14/3b/5b/21f8d3a4e037__1310574167000.jpg

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo14/3b/5b/22b0eb91b596__1310574167000.jpg

XxSlowpokexX
07-15-2011, 10:40 AM
How much did this cost you? Looks very promising..Especially considering my new heat related fluid issues

ricardoa1
07-15-2011, 11:24 AM
How much did this cost you? Looks very promising..Especially considering my new heat related fluid issues

130 from rock auto.

Stock one is $50 from rockauto.

I posted numbers above. The though of secretely buying these and selling them at a profit was very tempting. I sure hope vendors dont do this and simply point folks in the correct direction. And not try to not make a profit. But thats just my thoughts. Im not getting compensated for the trial and research, so I would not like for vendors to profit, just cause they can.

I have not had time or motivation to get downthere again. Whats the point I rather drive the MPX car with higher HP LOL. If this works out I will probably also buy one for the Anniversary. I do not ever ever ever want to get stuck because of this problem It is such a small issue. But it can leave you stranded very far away from home. No my cup of tea. Again stay tuned. I dont see why it will not work at this point. But until I bleed and make sure dont go buying it just yet.

XxSlowpokexX
07-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks Rico. Someone needs to be the guini pig! Sounds very very promising.

ricardoa1
07-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Thanks Rico. Someone needs to be the guini pig! Sounds very very promising.

Did you not follow Im the pig.....:p

XxSlowpokexX
07-16-2011, 01:14 AM
I was referring to you!!!!!! Im very interested.

Dahoopd
10-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Well, if you need a test car, I'm all set to do a 5 spd swap in on mine, but the only thing I don't have is a clutch line as I cannot source one anywhere including used. I'm about ready to just give up and sell everything off that I've bought :( .

Frit

I have a place locally that makes them using the ends from your existing line. I will post a pic when mine is done. You can get the ends off the earlier F150 with the 5-speed.

ricardoa1
10-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Viper line works. Had it working on the blue car since i bought it. Cheers.

esgtbird
10-27-2011, 11:01 PM
I did the same thing years ago!
check out my post!

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98357&highlight=clutch+line

the price may have changed a little but i am sure i could still get them!