app764 right plug?

Merlon

1990 Tbird SC
i checked it in the FAq section of sccoa. and when i looked for plugs, this is the # that came up. i bought em. i dont want to install em if they wont work well.

Another SCcoa memebr told me that it may not be the right part for my car
want to check it out with peopl;e who have wither used these or know what i should be getting.

also got me a set of WR4101 Motorcraft wires for the plugs.\
someone also told me app2544. they are also Double plats, but i have to special order them for $7.59 each. a small price i guess to not have to do them for 3+ years.

Last edited:
no major mods either

car runs rather cool until i hit 100+ which isnt often.
dont have the air dam, will get it soon.

so i hear these are like the colder replacments(app764), the app2544 are stock replacments. longer.

i dont know what to expect with the longer plugs, but my car runs like crap under boost when warm, so would colder plugs work out well?

and i have a small but noticable miss at idle.

They worked for me

When I first bought my SC it also pinged under boost with new plugs and wires. I put colder plugs in and the ping went away. I can run the lowest octane with no ping. I only used plain old Autolite plugs from Walmart. I am going to be replacing them with better plugs soon but I don't know what kind or what temp.

since that post i have actually

had my old wireset and plugs changed.

the app764 plugs worked out well for me.
some colder mornigns i think the idles a bit rough, gapped em at .050 so nothing like those taylor wires and that .035 gap.

i just like going into boost and not having a pinging sound or misfire or stumble. i use 91 from chevron, i dont know if it would be cool to use that 87 on her, maybe a few gallong when low see if she can handle.

Yeah the previous plugs were 2544 coppers, so i guess thats why they were acting like crap, been in there for who knows how long, plug wires could have been old too didnt want to chance it so i changed em as well

Do NOT run the low octane, unless you plan to pull the octane plug, and even then. Stick with the 91. I run those plugs as well and I run 91 and my car runs fantastic, until I'm almost at WOT then it feels like something is pulling the timing on me.

Frit

yeah

i run chevron premium. tried the chepo arco premium, stubled at every stop sign or red light for that entire tank.

i have a cai, app764, and a really cool cooling system now, thanks too

stops overheating, which is no longer available. but it works. it is supposed to make a cooling difference of 40* with a ratio of 80/20 water antifreeze mix. i always run at or below N when cruisin, and between N, and O when stomping on it.

also have the Ls fan on full time.

highway goes to R and M even with the Gm air dam

but back to the octane thing i have heard things like the whole spark knock causing the engine to blow her HGs. not worth the $5 saved on fill up.

Back