fixing boost leaks + the name that part game

The_Ghost

Hey guys, I've got a few random annoying boost leaks.
boostleaks.jpg

I pointed them all out in red, and the BIG red arrow is the one I'm most concerned about.
I have a vac leak at
1. TPS
2. IAC
3. RUBBER CROSSOVER TUBE THINGY. (the big red arrow)
4. Intercooler collars

I tightened the intercooler collar nuts with some help but I figure it probably needs new gaskets.

What do I need to do to remedy these?

Under full throttle as is right now, I make what looks more like 10 psi at nearly 5000. The car is probably supposed to make that boost at 2500, right?
At 2500 it is only making around 7-8 psi.

I figure the TPS and IAC will only be vac leaks and the boost leaks are coming in at the rubber crossovertube thingy (actually I just remembered the other one but that just looks like I've gotta replace it with a length of hose and some clamps.
Where do I have to go to get the BIG rubber crossovertube thing and what is the proper name for it? I cant look it up on the computer at autozone unless I know what the devil the thing is called.

I wanted to search for how to do the crossover tube thing, but figured that wouldn't come up.

Thanks very much for your help,
Ghost

replace the black rubber crossover hose with an appropriate silicone piece and the original clamps or appropriate t bolt clamps they are available eve4rywhere on the net for about 30 bucks total. I think a 45 degree is the piece you need , you can get them in ford blue black or red of various lengths

If you install a hose clamp or plastic tie on every single vacunm
connection that you can get to this will help you out big time.

All the hoses are old,And I would guess that most evey line is leaking.

If you clamp every line you can get to, you will know they should not be leaking. And then reseal the intercooler tube ends if they are leaking.

Randy

Randy N Connie said:
If you install a hose clamp or plastic tie on every single vacunm
connection that you can get to this will help you out big time.

All the hoses are old,And I would guess that most evey line is leaking.

If you clamp every line you can get to, you will know they should not be leaking. And then reseal the intercooler tube ends if they are leaking.

Randy
Okay, I'll tighten down the IAC and TPS, and then either zip tie or hose clamp every single vac line I can get at.

Update:
I got to it this afternoon and found I was unable to pull the bolts off the TPS, but I was able to get the IAC off. I pulled the IAC off the car and coated the gasket with gasket shellac/sealer carefully and then put the IAC back. After that I tightened the hell out of the clamps and then added zip ties on every single vac line I had access to, which wasnt that many.

Oh well. It seems to have made an improvement.

Last edited:
Back