UHHH no starter no lights no idea.

Phillio99

For the last time the lower IC has come out and gone back in the car. Nothing else was touched other then tightening the air intake clamps. Go to start the car and just clicking, similar to low battery. Voltage is 12.5 at the battery so no problem there. I try to turn the car over mulitple times and notice that the eletronics will go on the fritz. After cranking the car and leaving the key in the run posistion the car will go completely dead no dummy lights no cut 14 rad fan nothing. Let the car sit for a second or a minute and the idiot lights will come on and the fan will click on. The car did manage to start once ran crappily and died. Any idea what would give me this problem is there a ground or something in the neighborhood of the lower IC tube?
Thanks,
Phil

Yes there should be a ground in that vicinity, but your ignition switch could have taken a dump as well.

i'm with Birds4US. If you haven't disconnect the ground by mistake, my guess would be the ignition switch, too many unrelated things related. I think you are missing the optional ignition switch wire tie ;)

Not the wire ties again. :eek: ;)
FredSC said:
i'm with Birds4US. If you haven't disconnect the ground by mistake, my guess would be the ignition switch, too many unrelated things related. I think you are missing the optional ignition switch wire tie ;)

I'm in on this one too. Sounds like the ignition switch to me.

Last edited:
Ok Phill, make sure your battery terminals are clean and then go back and make sure all your grounds are clean and tight. Try jumping it, your battery might have shorted. Next it could be one of your starter solinoids. Most likley the one on the starter. Lastly take off the covers to your ignition switch and if its loose wrap a zip tie around it and tighten it up. If all this dose not work ? buy a gun and shoot it:D JK ,Mark

Last edited:
Sorry not to post earlier guys i figured it out the next morning, I was doing a couple of things on the car and one of them was fixing the wiring on my IC fan. I forgot to tighten up the + side terminal. Checked voltage at the starter relay on the front fender it was 3v. Tightened her back up and were back in business. Wire ties are for VAC lines boys, not my igintion switch yet. OH and Mark, this car keeps on tickin and I might have something for your kids camaro, it has an A and an R in the name...;)

It sounded like a loose battery connection. Save your money Phil and buy the car of your dreams, anything else is just a nitemare.:eek: :D

Back