Pusher fan

T-bird Tim

I was in the salvage yard last week looking for parts and came across a 95 SC that had an electrical fire. There were lots of good parts left undert he hood. I noticed it had a pusher fan in front of the A/C condenser. My 92 SC doesnt have one but does have a harness plug that runs where the pusher connecter would go if it had one. I know that Ford puts plugs in places where it expects upgrades to come along in later models. My question is; can I hook up this pusher fan and plug it into the harness that's there? If it plugs in correctly, should I assume that it will automatically come on when it supposed to, or is there some computer upgrade I need to do? I know it would benefit my A/C to have one of these hooked up.

That fan is over the condensor & hence part of the IC. I originally thought that Ford installed it because the newer 134a refrigerant used in 94+ models was less efficient and, the system needed some help. However, I've been told that it's an emergency cooling fan (you'd think that they would have put it on the other side, so it was over the radiator 100% ?) and only comes on above 228 deg., if the high speed fan isn't coping. Anyway, there is also a small relay for this fan between the driver's side wheel well & the firewall, so you'll need to check and see if that was also pre-installed.

Back