Shifter

CougarXR/7

Has anyone used a B & M # 45058 "Ripper" shifter in the Super Coupe or XR/7?I'm curious if anyone has had good or bad luck with them or has a better choice?

I just installed one yesterday. And i have to say it was well worth the money i paid. throws are much shorter and shifts are firm and precise. I wouldnt go back to factory!

Yea I got one it's nice but now my second gear is junk, maybe due to the shifter maybe not, I think it's a rippin something.

90coug said:
Yea I got one it's nice but now my second gear is junk, maybe due to the shifter maybe not, I think it's a rippin something.

Maybe it's the person attached to the ripper that caused second gear to become junk?;)

i like mine alot, my 1-2 shift is a pain but onl;y from a stop, so i think I have clutch problems.
It nice to be able to shift the car w/o lifting my elbow:D

I have one and I love it. Just got the SC back on the road tonight and that shifter feels great. The only problem that I have is the the bolts that hold the handle on keep comin loose.

I have a shorten shift handle on mine an the 1-2 shift is just fine. Takes alot more effort to shift but its got a real positive feel to it.

Thanks to everyone, I'll change the shifte when I change the oil in the trans. Hock, have you tried Loctite on the bolts? For that, I'd say use Loctite blue 242 medium and it should work fine.

Mike8675309 said:
Maybe it's the person attached to the ripper that caused second gear to become junk?;)

Well that might be the case but it's not like I was power shifting it, or at least not all the time :D I would gently put it into gear but I think it's just shot from over time, the tranny has about 160,000 on it so who knows.

CougarXR/7 said:
Thanks to everyone, I'll change the shifte when I change the oil in the trans. Hock, have you tried Loctite on the bolts? For that, I'd say use Loctite blue 242 medium and it should work fine.
UH OH, Hey 68Cougar, he had to bring THAT up!:rolleyes:
I used a 3/8 ratchet with adapters to drive a hex bit, and just put as much torque on it as I could without HORRIBLY twisting the hex bit.
Hasn't come loose on me yet....Beginning of March I put that on....

paul

Back