Input/sugestions???

98blueoval

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just aquired a 90 supercoupe.The car recently had new Kooks headers and american thunder exhaust and a complete package (trans,conv,flexplate) installed that was purchased from Art Carr.The problems i have with the car are as follows..........

Idles very low(around 650 to 700 rpms) and a little ruff..Want idle on its on till warmed up.Vacume on the gauge flutuates around 10-12 at idle.....Vacume leak be the culprit?

Car has a bad vibration.Is it possible that the wrong flexplate could have been installed?......Receipt on the trans stuff says.....AOD Street/Strip Trans,10 in HD Super Tourqe Converter,Ford SB 164 tooth 50oz flexplate.

I checked over the exhaust..are a few places its real close to the body but dosent seem to be up against it anywhere..Checked torq conv bolts and all were tight.Although seemed a little strange to me is 3 of the bolts were like most i have seen where the stud is made to the conv and you install nuts on them..but the 4th one dosent have a stud it has a bolt with a allen head..

Also the car had been setting for awhile and the calipers were froze up.brakes were dragging bad when loading/unloading it on the trailer.
I am replacing the calipers/rotors/pads on the front and rear.The ABS light is on,could that be cousing that or am i going to be looking for more things wrong when done installing the brakes??

Im new to these cars,so i dont know if the trans combo isnt correct giving the vibration problems.Any info or sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Paul

Back