oil leaking when on incline

x182dan

I had to do my rear hub and the rearend was off the ground for the weekend and today(monday night) I finished the hub and noticed a big puddle under the motor. Now it does leak little drops of oil everynight but this was alot but it wasn't quite enough to show that I needed to add some on the dipstick. Any ideas what it could be? It has to be because the rearend was on the incline. Oil pan or something else? I really couldn't see where it was coming from

Possibly the oil pressure sending unit? I once had a massive leak and I couldn't find it until I lifted the motor, it was a hole in my oil pan about the size of a .50 cent piece!!!

Last edited:
If its dripping off the drip rail, its most likely your valve cover gaskets. Could also be your oil pan if your motor mounts are bad.

Mine was leaking up front and I discovered that a couple of the front oil pan bolts were loose....

I assume the motor mounts are fine since they are fairly new and are the rubber ones. The heads were just done so the valve cover gaskets SHOULD be fine. I'm leaning towards the oil pan. There were no drips coming from the front of the kmember I think it all dripped from the back

Back