bleeding the clutch master cylinder

x182dan

I read that this could be done but I really haven't found exactly how to get this done. My car supposely has a new clutch with under 1,500 miles reman'd flywheel, new master cylinder, tob, and whatnot. The clutch grabs high way to high for my liking probably two inches from the top. Now the owner didn't seem positive when I asked him if the master cylinder was bled when it was put in so I am hoping that bleeding it will brind the grabbing point down. Any help is much appreciated
Thanks Dan

If the clutch is working ok and there is no grinding getting it into gear, then I don't think bleeding will help. When I did my clutch the same thing happened and I believe the boys on this forum recommend using washers on the back of the flywheel (as shims) to compensate for any flywheel cutting. So maybe your re-manu flywheel was thinner than stock?

Joisey Jim said:
If the clutch is working ok and there is no grinding getting it into gear, then I don't think bleeding will help. When I did my clutch the same thing happened and I believe the boys on this forum recommend using washers on the back of the flywheel (as shims) to compensate for any flywheel cutting. So maybe your re-manu flywheel was thinner than stock?

thanks but I'd still like to bleed it. I find it very annoying to have a clutch this high it really gives me no space to slip it

Back