Its ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hock

Finnaly got her runnin today after months of trying and agravation.

But she runs good down the road, gotta chase a small exhaust leak. Though she does stall out when I come to a stop so I need to find the vaccum leak. But a little more work and some break in time and she'll be just fine.

SO, whens the next shoot out and Western PA get togther?

Glad to hear you are makeing out ok me and my buddy will be takeing are SC's to Pittsburgh Raceway park in the next few weeks you are more then welcome to join us. I also just got my SC running this past weekend after a full 30 over rebuilt. So I have a bunch of bugs to work out also.

Figured out today that I had the wrong sensor in the MAF. Switched it out and she idles ALOT better. Now I just have to get some new plug wires so I can tell if thats cam lope I here.

Congrats on getting it up and running again....that always a good feeling. How about providing a run down of all the stuff you did.

David

Well, theres not to much done, but much money spent.

Heads slightly ported with intake to match
Speed Pro (Sealed Power?) .030 pistons w/moly rings (cylinders bored to pistons, not just bored .030)
Balanced rods and crank
Aligned mains
ARP head and main studs (front 2 main studs had to be cut down to the nuts to clear the oil pan, don't me I don't know why)
CMRE stage 1 Cam
New roller lifters
Chevy LT1 push rods (the only chevy part on the whole car thank God!)
Rebuilt oil pump
BHJ balancer
Spec stage 2 clutch
Headman shorty headers (PITA! in the end had to relocate the steering rod to make it all work)
2.25" X pipe exhaust w/Magnaflo cats and Dynomax mufflers (may put resonators in, maybe not, flows REALLY GOOD. So good that it blows away the gravel in my dads driveway were the turndowns are pointing):D
Modified 70mm MAF meter (now with correct sensor, opps!)
Solid motor mounts for a LX T-Bird (still gotta do that trans mount)
Custom CAI w/9" K&N conical filter

Thats about it, she runs strong and pulls hard. Can't wait till I can put it to the floor and give it hell!

Congrats

Nothing like turning the key and everything works perfect huh? Glad your on the road with your S.C..

Hock congrats!

You may want to get rid of that modified 70mm maf though. It can throw your A/F ratio off...Especially now that you have motor work.

Good luck!

Back