Ride control issue

lurch256

So I have done some searching of old threads and didn't find an easy answer so I thought I would ask a direct question.

My ride control just flashed on the dash. If you flip the switch to firm ride, the light does not stay on. My question is, is there more wrong than just the switch, and what else should I look at. Will replacing the ride control switch fix it?

Thanks.
Jeremy

YOU MUST LISTEN WHEN YOUR SC TALKS TO YOU :confused:

The blinking indicates which actuator is having problems. A search on "firm blink" found this recent one by RadiumSC on what the blinks mean. The not staying on could be caused by the blinking problem. A little WD-40 and "twist and shout" might fix you up.

RadiumSC said:
I coppied this from a post in the members section from years ago.

Here's a quick list of what I see in the service manual.

1 pause 1: Concern in LH rear
2 pause 2: Concern in RH rear
3 pause 3: Concern in RH front
4 pause 4: Concern in LH front

Start by making sure the electrical connection running to the actuator is good and the actuator is sitting properly - I would take it off and put it back on. Take it off by squeezing the two "tabs" on the side of the actuator and lifting. Then just push it back on.

Also found this thread. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13991&highlight=arc+flashing

I would say that is it, but it dosen't blink in a pattern like said. It is more like it is always on auto. As in hit a bump it blinks, accelerate and it blinks, brake and it blinks. No pattern, just comes on only when it should. I can't flip the switch and make it stay lit the entire time.

Check the harness connection to the ride control computer (I think it is in the trunk on the shelf) and see if it is loose. This sounds more like a continuity problem than a faulty actuator.

If the wiring is ok does anyone else have an idea? I will check it this weekend and repoert back, buit if there is something else it might be i will check it too.

Back