Weird Problem... I want everyone to chime in here please...

darkstar_one

Okay compadres, here is deal, well a while ago, around the end of 2004- and beginning of 2005, i yanked out my engine and re-sealed it, while i was doing that i swapped out the motor mounts with solid ones, anywho, i also did a 5-speed swap while i was there, anywho, just recently i swapped out the 5-speed mounts with solid ones both crossmember and tranny mounts with solid ones from mn12 performance. and i also replaced the irs differential bushings with solid ones... anywho when i try to do a burnout, my shifter starts to vibrate really hard and it frightens me, thats why i dont do burnouts.

when i shut off the engine, the shifter vibrates side to side with a clink clink clink clink.

i thought maybe my 5-speed crossmember bolts were probably bent or something, so i went to the junkyard and picked up the 2 big J-CLIPS (speed-nuts) and bolts from a good donor, anywho, i replaced both my old ones and yes i was correct, they were both stripped on the threads. anywho, while i was underneath the car i asked my little bro to turn on the car and to run it for a while and to turn it off, and i narrowed the CLINK CLINK CLINK CLINK noise to the engine, i think it might be SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS that is causing my shifter vibration during burnouts...

maybe i didnt tighten them down enough?

also, i think this might be and issue with my balancer? i know i need to replace it soon, i dont know the history of it, i dont even want to touch it until i have a new one from BHJ...

anyone?

Last edited:
sounds like...

either the motor mounts are busted, or your burnout broke the motor????
:confused:
i had a solid tranny mount spin the center post on me when i was installing it, maybe the motor mount seperated? dunno if that would cause what youre describing though...
hope it turns out ok!

Back