manual coversion

mc94xr7

a while back i recieved a link or something to some detailed pictures and instructions of the pedal swap and instalation of the clutch pedal in the m5r2 conversion. does anyone have this link?

a while back i recieved a link or something to some detailed pictures and instructions of the pedal swap and instalation of the clutch pedal in the m5r2 conversion. does anyone have this link?
Whaterver to that question... i already finnished it.
Next question: On the manual conversion, is the wiring harness really nessessary?:eek:

Only to the trans and clutch peddle. You need the wireing harness from the manuel car. The clutch peddle connector is under the dash with a bypass on it. Remove and pug in.

Last edited:
Only to the trans and clutch peddle. You need the wireing harness from the manuel car. The clutch peddle connector is under the dash with a bypass on it. Remove and pug in.

this is going on a 94 xr7 that once had a 4.6L in her. i cant find where she plugs into:(

That is most likely because a manual trans was not an option for a Cougar in 94. Sounds to me like you need a harness from a T-bird.

wait! are you saying i already got one stock?

Maybe, but i doubt it. On the supercharged xr7 it should have been installed. I can give you a pic of the connector he was talking about, but I'm not sure it is the same on the later (94) cars.

You have a computer controlled trans so im not sure about how to hook that up. I have a 93 LX that has the clutch peddle harness but not sure about the 94 +.

That clutch pedal harness does not exist in all the SC's. My '90 doesn't have the harness, but the parts '90 does have it.

Dave Dalke said he found the same thing as well I believe.

so can i still run without it? I know its just for idiot proofing the car but i rather just go without it if its possible

Yes you can infact cars of yesterday did not have a starter cutout for the clutch. Driving though some deep water when I was young and dumb I got a little to deep and killed the motor. All I did was put into reverse and crank the starter. Backed right out and it started soon after. Just remeber to pust in the clutch before you start it everytime or your going to hit something or someone. ;)

Although depending on which state you are in, it may not pass a state inspection without a neutral safety switch.

havinig touble mounting the crossmember to the frame. is there a way to tell if the crossmembers backwards if possible? tranny seem to be right of center when crossmember is flipped aound, i need to shift her to the left a bunch:eek:

havinig touble mounting the crossmember to the frame. is there a way to tell if the crossmembers backwards if possible? tranny seem to be right of center when crossmember is flipped aound, i need to shift her to the left a bunch:eek:
whatever to all that. i used the old bolts and she filanny mounted in. the ford bolts that came with the polly urethane bushings sucked. anyone else have fun with those bolts?

Back