question abou a 1990 Tbird SC

Merlon

so when i pull on the passenger handle, i notice the lights in the interior light up!, so does a light where the keyhole is. but on the drivers side, this doesnt work?

any reason to this? how can i fix it?

Merlon said:
so when i pull on the passenger handle, i notice the lights in the interior light up!, so does a light where the keyhole is. but on the drivers side, this doesnt work?

any reason to this? how can i fix it?

What happens when you pull on the drivers side door handle?

okay i worded that sentence wrong

when i pull on the pass handle the interior lights come one. the key holes light up, and both sides.

now when i pull the drivers side door handle this does not happen. where should i look?

loose wire maybe? ive had a new piece of glass and speakers and motor put in there since i bought it. any wireing diagrams?

is this an option? my sc never did that but my friends old 84 elan did this. good luck finding the problem. i would start by looking inside the drivers door to see what i can find.

could be an option

my car also had the vmm, and the auto dim headlights. auto headlights, and
auto dim mirror.cd player, and jbl sound.

i thought it was a cool thing, the keyhole lighting up like that. guess ill dig around to see whats up.

On my 89, pulling on both door handles makes the interior lights come on as well as the key hole lighting up. There may be a bad switch or something for that door handle.

The interior lighting was an option on all model Birds. It is kind of neat and helpful at night. There are a few wires going thru the harness at the door jamb, so if there isn't one broken or frayed, maybe something came loose from the door handle inside the door. good luck!

Back