Stalling Problem...Maybe O2s????

Dirk SC

Hvae had this problem for a little while now. I also just changed toa Pro Products TB but the problem stays the same. I also have not tuned my Idle or TPS yet.

When i am slowing down and depress the clutch the car will drop the RPMs and almost stall or completely stall. If it doesnt stall it will bring the RPMs back up then down and almost stall again untill it finds an equilibrium. Now I thought it might be the TPS but i put a new one in with no results. Also resetting the computer does not help the problem at all.

I have only read one other post where something simillar was happening and he finally figured out it was the O2 sensors. Has anyone else ever had anything happen like this. I need some input before I go sensor happy and spend all my mod money.

Its also running lean. I got a pining sound when i stepped on it recently and my plugs have a white hue to them. I dont think this could all be related to my idle.

i think it might be ur idle, u see ur tps and idle are set correctly, so its probably letting too much air in and not enough fuel, just do the cheapest first and save urself some money, and if that doesnt work then just drop the 150 for the new o2 sensors, come on, unless u like to spend money for some 15-20 mins of tuning..???

darkstar_one said:
i think it might be ur idle, u see ur tps and idle are set correctly, so its probably letting too much air in and not enough fuel, just do the cheapest first and save urself some money, and if that doesnt work then just drop the 150 for the new o2 sensors, come on, unless u like to spend money for some 15-20 mins of tuning..???

Lol, I'm not arguing with you. Im just tring to get all the info out there. I am going to tune the idle first but my gut tells me I have more of a problem than the idle. Just trying to see if anyone else had similar problems.

Back