PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Going To The 06 Sc/xr7 Shootout

Randy N Connie
07-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Do you plan to go to this years SC/XR7 SHOOTOUT?
I plan to go,but its not looking to good that I will
be able to.

I was hoping to get to meet and race with some
SC/XR7 people from Canada again.

INFO; in the event forums

Thanks Randy

quick35th
07-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Randy,

I plan to go for sure, with or without an SC. I still have my fingures crossed that I will have my road race SC finished in time.

Shane

Randy N Connie
07-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Shane
I havent been able to fixed my SCbird from the last shootout.
So I may not make it this year.

I now know not to drive far to get a tuned on a dyno.
Every time I get on a dyno I end up with a blown head gasket.

I have tried to get a dyno tune two times.And have blown my
head gaskets two times while on the dyno.

Randy

quick35th
07-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Thats some bad luck you have there Randy. You should have a dyno installed at your house that way when it does let go you are still at home :p :D.

Shane

Randy N Connie
07-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Thats some bad luck you have there Randy. You should have a dyno installed at your house that way when it does let go you are still at home :p :D.

Shane

Ha Ha!! I wish I had that kind of money .To purchase a dyno.
It would not matter if I owned a dyno or not.I still would not
be smart enough to tune my own car.

David Neibert
07-19-2006, 02:19 PM
I be there with the 91 and a couple bottles of nitrous.

David

quick35th
07-19-2006, 02:20 PM
I be there with the 91 and a couple bottles of nitrous.

David

No turbo car to give me a thrill ride in David?

Shane

XR7 Dave
07-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Shane
I havent been able to fixed my SCbird from the last shootout.
So I may not make it this year.

I now know not to drive far to get a tuned on a dyno.
Every time I get on a dyno I end up with a blown head gasket.

I have tried to get a dyno tune two times.And have blown my
head gaskets two times while on the dyno.

Randy

Randy, I finally pulled the heads off the XR7 and I see that I had a blown headgasket also. I will not be using Felpro graphite gaskets ever again. All my motors get MLS Permatorque gaskets. I talked to the Felpro rep about it and he said that the kind of failures I've been seeing are 100% caused by "shifting" or lifting of the heads as we know it. He kind of gave me the impression that if you aren't using MLS on an SC you were being dumb. Take that for what it is worth.

David

PS. The interesting thing is that almost all the failures that I have seen on a replacement Felpro graphite gasket has been from the center cylinder. No signs of lean condition, just steam tracking from the cylinders out to the water jackets.

David Neibert
07-19-2006, 02:27 PM
No turbo car to give me a thrill ride in David?

Shane

Maybe next year....this year I'm going to try and bump Coy out of the #1 spot. I figure I can hold onto it for a couple weeks before Kevin or one of these other guys knocks me back down the list :D

David

quick35th
07-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Maybe next year....this year I'm going to try and bump Coy out of the #1 spot. I figure I can hold onto it for a couple weeks before Kevin or one of these other guys knocks me back down the list :D

David

Well that will be equally cool then. Hopefully you can do it David.

Shane

fast Ed
07-19-2006, 02:53 PM
I'll be there again, trying to get a 13 second time slip out of my overweight turd, and hopefully being a "tree-sawin' varmint" again, as Wynn likes to call me. :p

Several of the SCCoO people plan to come down, hopefully we don't get a bunch of them wimping out at the last minute. Yes, I'm officially calling out the SCCoO guys here. ;)

cheers
Ed N.

Slysc
07-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Count me in. Lord willing, I'll be there. I will most likely be running the same setup as last year with a fresh rebuild an IRS mod and some slicks.

racecougar
07-19-2006, 03:26 PM
I plan on being there with the XR7.

-Rod

fast Ed
07-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Count me in. Lord willing, I'll be there. I will most likely be running the same setup as last year with a fresh rebuild an IRS mod and some slicks.

And a big sticker on the horn pad of the steering wheel reading:

"DON'T FORGET THE HOOD PINS!!!" :p

Cat Girl
07-19-2006, 03:46 PM

An a windshield and a "hoodpins activated" light...
~c

no164ford
07-19-2006, 04:02 PM
I was planning to be there 100%. I even bought a new trailer to carry the car there. But I might be starting a new job around that time and that would screw things up. Even if I do start the new job I will most likely come out for a while during the weekend without the SC.

Randy N Connie
07-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Randy, I finally pulled the heads off the XR7 and I see that I had a blown headgasket also. I will not be using Felpro graphite gaskets ever again. All my motors get MLS Permatorque gaskets. I talked to the Felpro rep about it and he said that the kind of failures I've been seeing are 100% caused by "shifting" or lifting of the heads as we know it. He kind of gave me the impression that if you aren't using MLS on an SC you were being dumb. Take that for what it is worth.

David

PS. The interesting thing is that almost all the failures that I have seen on a replacement Felpro graphite gasket has been from the center cylinder. No signs of lean condition, just steam tracking from the cylinders out to the water jackets.

Dave I havent fix the motor because I need to pull it .Get it machined
to swap in the MLS type gaskets. There is No since in replaceing the
FELPRO gaskets I have been using, that keep blowing out.And I have
no luck, So I do not believe the MLS gaskets would seal without deck
work on the heads and block.

I have not been able to do any work on the motor since last year. And
havent been able to work since last year. To have the money to pay to
have it fix. And if I could fix it,I don't feel I am smart enough to get it tuned.
So I find myself in a Catch 22.

I don't have any oil or coolant leaks. But it sounds like my header
on the drivers side fell off.

I hope to be able to get it fixed before the shootout.I was planning
on being the pilot this year. To give ED some lesson's in cutting a
light.:p :)

Quik95SC
07-19-2006, 05:12 PM
I have no doubts i will be there for sure. The SC is running very well and I look forward to seing all you other great SC'rs there in force.

Smitty

VicRattlehead
07-19-2006, 07:46 PM
ill be there with a few bottles of n2o and a list of SC's that gonna get taken out!

Ira R.
07-19-2006, 07:53 PM
An a windshield and a "hoodpins activated" light...
~c

hea hea hea, let the smack talk'n begin :D

Ira

Randy N Connie
07-19-2006, 08:35 PM
ill be there with a list of SC's that gonna get taken out!

I don't think they will let you compete against stock SCs. :)

Randy

Jimmy 2Coupes
07-19-2006, 09:24 PM
I'll be there with the 95 for sure and maybe the 94. I'd like to trailer the 95 but it don't look like that's going to happen so I'm hoping the haftshaft gods will be good to me.:D

Micahdogg
07-20-2006, 11:43 AM
I'll be there....and my friend, "Big Time Cash" will be there too! I have a couple extra tricks that I'm bringing though. Besides the AR, I'm sporting lambo glass doors, C4 and a 4 link.

Micah

Mike8675309
07-20-2006, 10:38 PM
It's on my calendar and the wife's been informed. Now to get the 93 running so I can "bring it".

interesting that the Felpro rep would say that. When i was trying to get compressed gasket thicknesses from their tech line the guy was a tad irritated that I might use a gasket engineered for one application on another. Maybe they need to list the gasket for our motors?

xThunderbirdSCx
07-21-2006, 08:29 AM
ILL :p BE GOING :rolleyes: :mad: :) FOR SURE TO THE SHOOTOUT :cool: :cool:

FAST FREDDIE:cool: :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

....oops, sorry identity crisis

Ill be there with my car.

And ill be dominating mod 1

Super XR7
07-21-2006, 12:22 PM
I am going and will be entering the Mod 1 class.

Mike

Micahdogg
07-21-2006, 02:13 PM
^ Sandbagger :)

Micah

Super XR7
07-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Ha! you AR guys will take the show!

tbirdsc357
07-21-2006, 05:13 PM
. Yes, I'm officially calling out the SCCoO guys here. ;)

Ed N.

I have no plans to go but if anything......I migh be a last minute spectator.

Dahoopd
07-21-2006, 05:20 PM
I am definatley going. I am just unsure if I want to take the car. It should be done by then but I am afraid if the beeatch breaks down mid way, I am stuck with a $500 tow bill and thats being light on the estimate.

Dont get me wrong FELLERS!, I love my car and know it well but after the upgrades. I am not sure I will trust it. I dont plan on racing it, it will surely break. But I cant be pulling up in my ricer with the fart can. Can anyone say DaHOOPTY!....with a fart can.

( besides, I gotta bring the freebies I got)

Dahoopd
07-21-2006, 05:25 PM
^ Sandbagger :)

Micah

Micah! You gotta bring those shades to the shoot-out. Thats straight up pimpin the 06' shoot-out. They gotta be good for cutting a good light, they will all be red.

Micah! The Aviator!

tim
07-21-2006, 07:20 PM
If my car is running I will be there if not I wont.:mad:

Kevin Leitem
07-21-2006, 07:59 PM
I will most definitely be there. hopefully running well into the 10's.

Burbank95sc
07-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Me and my brother will be out there for sure.I won't have my car down there but we might take my brothers supercharged mark 8 If he can finish putting Kooks headers and little bit of nos before that time.

CMac89
07-21-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm going Mod 1 to put Bill over my knee.

Then i'm gonna to do the bracket race and take that money. That's why they call me James Bond........

.007 light every time.:D

Ira R.
07-21-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm going Mod 1 to put Bill over my knee.

Then i'm gonna to do the bracket race and take that money. That's why they call me James Bond........

.007 light every time.:D

Oh come on. What's the big deal. I too usually do a 00.7 light all day long! :p

Ira

XxSlowpokexX
07-22-2006, 02:09 AM
Jason and I will be Attending

VicRattlehead
07-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Me and my brother will be out there for sure.I won't have my car down there but we might take my brothers supercharged mark 8 If he can finish putting Kooks headers and little bit of nos before that time.

Burbank - pm me sometime before the event, mabey we can follow each other out there. im not sure exactly what day im leaving mabey thurs night/early fri morning depends on when everyone else is getting there. ill know more when it getts closer.

Jim Demmitt Jr
07-22-2006, 12:04 PM
"Count me in"

We have been doing some testing performance is way above from what it was with dyno tuning what a change. The numbers in testing are staggering:D I want the big chunk of the pie 10's so you may have 3 cars running 10's Sept 30th Dayton Ohio thats in my friends back yard Waynne Torkelson. Setting up to bring it in a Pro Stock transporter with all the comfortable goodies plus just in case late night thrash bringing backup big stroker engine also

Lets shake Coy from his tree top guys it will be lots of fun just to meet all the top notch SC guys and there amazing machines

John Shelton
07-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey Jim, do have room on that transporter for a second car?

Jim Demmitt Jr
07-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Hey Jim, do have room on that transporter for a second car?

John great idea!

Let me see what Ken Dondero thinks about it the transporter is Bob Pannela's 1 year old one he bought from him. We are going in style the driver of the truck Kenny is funny like John Force the two crew guys "California boys" there double trouble at the bars :eek:

John get your car back together? I havent herd from Ron Ranndell if got his together yet

John Shelton
07-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Jim, car's not together yet, but close.

If we can work this out, I'll fly to Ohio, so I won't need room in your transporter.

Thanks for looking into it.

(sorry for temporarily hyjacking the thread)

tim
07-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Hey let me know when you are leaving and we can run down together.

supercatxr7
07-22-2006, 09:54 PM
See you guys there!

mark

SCme94
07-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Wouldn't miss this for anything...Gotta defend my title:)

Kurt K
07-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Wouldn't miss this for anything...Gotta defend my title:)
Me too! I wonder if I can get a 5th 2nd place finish in 4 years:rolleyes: :mad:

You're going down this year!

David Neibert
07-23-2006, 12:32 AM
I'd be happy just to complete an entire Shootout without breaking my car.

David

Thomas A
07-23-2006, 01:06 AM
Hrrmm... I kinda wrote off the shootout this year, but might have to reconsider. My class schedule won't be as tight as I thought it would be, and I should have some vacation time built up by then. I'll still be very broke with school, but I could make it a cheap trip. If we go to the Olive Garden every night, and I just eat the free breadsticks, I think I should be good to go. I'll bring my red steering wheel with me. :D

Is anyone from Iowa or KC planning on going that I could catch a ride with??

Thomas

XR7 Dave
07-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Hrrmm... I kinda wrote off the shootout this year, but might have to reconsider. My class schedule won't be as tight as I thought it would be, and I should have some vacation time built up by then. I'll still be very broke with school, but I could make it a cheap trip. If we go to the Olive Garden every night, and I just eat the free breadsticks, I think I should be good to go. I'll bring my red steering wheel with me. :D

Thomas

Me and Tony will pay you to drink Kurt's beer....

Tim Groth
07-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Count me in. I will be there with ample party supplies for the night life.

Carlisle go'ers are already aware of the MA-ADT :D

-Tim

Scott Long
07-23-2006, 11:45 AM

Thomas

Yeah what ever Peter... :rolleyes:

Burbank95sc
07-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Burbank - pm me sometime before the event, mabey we can follow each other out there. im not sure exactly what day im leaving mabey thurs night/early fri morning depends on when everyone else is getting there. ill know more when it getts closer.
Sounds good ,I'll shoot you a pm in few weeks.If Mike will finish his supercharched Mark 8 by that time ,we will trailer the car over there.

SCgraphics guy
07-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Hmm, this is sounding interesting. I'll have to see if time & money allow me to take a week off. Then I need to see about making the car a wee bit quicker.
maybe some juice & gears could help.
Its only more time & $$

SCme94
07-24-2006, 06:52 AM
Nettles would be more than happy to pick you up on his way. Tell him I said so:)

Nettlesd
07-24-2006, 10:06 AM
That's NettlesD to you Mr. T. :) Yea, what Tony said Thomas. Send me a PM and we'll work it out. Maybe I'll race the Sable.

CarlisleLandOwn
07-25-2006, 03:40 AM
Jason and I will be Attending

And I'm driving, sooooo, who's going to be on the other side of the tree ...? :eek:

David Neibert
07-25-2006, 08:43 AM
And I'm driving, sooooo, who's going to be on the other side of the tree ...? :eek:

Depends on what your driving and how you do in qualifying.

David

Cobrarthunder
07-25-2006, 06:37 PM
I'll be there with my 12 sec livingroom on wheels. its a 5 min drive to the track...might have to rent a trailer.....:p

David Neibert
07-25-2006, 09:54 PM
I'll be there with my 12 sec livingroom on wheels. its a 5 min drive to the track...might have to rent a trailer.....:p

Just bring some spare halfshafts....I remember the last time I saw your car on that track.

David

quick35th
07-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Maybe if I can get my car running in time I'll have the fastest NA car there. I might even rival some of you guys with boost added into the equation.

Shane

David Neibert
07-25-2006, 11:23 PM
Maybe if I can get my car running in time I'll have the fastest NA car there. I might even rival some of you guys with boost added into the equation.

Shane

Are you gonna be faster than Rich ?

David

quick35th
07-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Are you gonna be faster than Rich ?

David

I asumed that he'd be bringing the GT but I did forget about that nasty big block lerking around. So correction, I'll be the fastest NA small block there :D.

Shane

Cobrarthunder
07-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Spare axle....Check
tools...Check
Jack....Check
Slicks...Check

think i got it covered....better find a spare trans just in case

VicRattlehead
07-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Sounds good ,I'll shoot you a pm in few weeks.If Mike will finish his supercharched Mark 8 by that time ,we will trailer the car over there.

im still working on finding a trailer too, i really dont wanna break the car and not be able to bring it home.

Micahdogg
07-26-2006, 11:44 AM
im still working on finding a trailer too, i really dont wanna break the car and not be able to bring it home.

That's half the fun! None of us want to break our car and not be able to bring it home. But if I'm doing it...you can do it. Just think of the money you'll save in gas!

Micah

Super XR7
07-26-2006, 12:18 PM

Vic, as a suggestion you could rent a U-haul car trailer as a last resort. That is what I am planning to do if my borrowed trailer does not come thru.

Mike

1MTNCAT
07-26-2006, 02:07 PM

:) Break it, I didn't even know it was running yet!:D

VicRattlehead
07-26-2006, 06:08 PM
:) Break it, I didn't even know it was running yet!:D

its not yet, just got the tc back from circle-d dipstick tube today this weekend is nmra race ill be watching that so car goes back together next weekend.

Burbank95sc
07-26-2006, 06:33 PM
That's half the fun! None of us want to break our car and not be able to bring it home. But if I'm doing it...you can do it. Just think of the money you'll save in gas!

Micah
I'd rather spend $50 more on gas then $500 to get the car towed back home If anything happens ,,,,better not.

Derek

1MTNCAT
07-26-2006, 08:21 PM
its not yet, just got the tc back from circle-d dipstick tube today this weekend is nmra race ill be watching that so car goes back together next weekend.

Damn Keith, you got till Friday evening to put the tranny in. Get her ready and run Mod motor this weekend. J/K;)

Hope you get her together and all is well with it. If it were here it would be in by the weekend.:D

Scott Long
07-26-2006, 10:36 PM
Keith where were you at Martin? I looked all over for you but didn't see you or your car. There was a couple of birds there running.

Micahdogg
07-27-2006, 11:00 AM
I'd rather spend $50 more on gas then $500 to get the car towed back home If anything happens ,,,,better not.

Derek

For Keith, it would be more like the difference between paying $100 there and back to drive his car vs. $250 to tow it there and back. But either way...I still vote for the "man up" option. :)

Micah

David Neibert
07-27-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm trailering mine. It's nice not having to worry about how your going to get back home if/when it breaks.

David

Ira R.
07-27-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm trailering mine. It's nice not having to worry about how your going to get back home if/when it breaks.

David
I hear the Dayton airport is really close by! :rolleyes:

Ira

David Neibert
07-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I hear the Dayton airport is really close by! :rolleyes:

Ira

Couldn't leave my SC behind....kinda like a wounded soldier.

David

1MTNCAT
07-27-2006, 02:14 PM

David

Now aint that the truth!!!!!!

B] If [/B]I'm there I'll be trailering mine. But when its over if it survives the rear and halfshafts, I may just kick the AC and stereo back on and drive her home.:)

racecougar
07-27-2006, 02:46 PM
It would actually cost me less to trailer the car there than drive it there. The truck gets better gas mileage, even when pulling the trailer, and it runs on 87 octane as opposed to 93.

I'll probably still end up driving the car all of the way there though.

-Rod

doug93sc
07-27-2006, 03:03 PM
I will be there in like street stock class since I nothing done to my car.......

Quik95SC
07-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Dave, I have to agree!!!!!!!

I am only 5 1/2 hours away, and certainly not above 300 HP, and I have an Auto SC, but I am still going to trailer it up and trailer it back just the same. It makes for a nice peace of mind knowing I will be able to bring the car back, no matter what happens to it while I am at an event.

Good luck to all, and I look forward to meeting you at this years Shootout.

Smitty

Micahdogg
07-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Maybe I should toss a hitch on the T-Bird and offer to tow someone out to Dayton myself?

Micah

Kurt K
07-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Maybe I should toss a hitch on the T-Bird and offer to tow someone out to Dayton myself?

Micah
Sign me up :D

91supacoop
07-27-2006, 08:45 PM

David

That is....until the tow vehicle breaks down too :D

Super XR7
07-27-2006, 09:37 PM
I hope the hotel has a lot of space for all these trailers.

Mike

Micahdogg
07-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Sign me up :D

I really don't think you could live down the year that Micah towed you to Dayton, smoked you, then towed your broken car back :) *OH ShNApps*

Kurt K
07-28-2006, 10:12 AM
I really don't think you could live down the year that Micah towed you to Dayton, smoked you, then towed your broken car back :) *OH ShNApps*
Yeah, that could be rough to handle, but I'd easily forget about those woes when I started thinking about my new garage, my new job and my new baby :)

Besides, I'm confident "granny-shifting" Micah will show up to Dayton, so I'm not concerned with being smoked!

Micahdogg
07-28-2006, 10:40 AM
Besides, I'm confident "granny-shifting" Micah will show up to Dayton, so I'm not concerned with being smoked!

Sigh.....well.....the statistics are on your side there. I still think somewhere there is a "micah" voodoo doll with it's hand in a bench vise.

Kurt K
07-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Sigh.....well.....the statistics are on your side there. I still think somewhere there is a "micah" voodoo doll with it's hand in a bench vise.Hmm I wonder where I put my vise:D

Nettlesd
07-28-2006, 11:36 AM
That is....until the tow vehicle breaks down too :D

Been there, done that at last years Shootout. Heck, Chris (seawalkersee) spent most of his time fixing the truck while I sat and watched. If it wasn't for the TN guys, we would probably still be there fixing it.

Randy N Connie
07-29-2006, 08:58 AM
I got my new head gaskets Friday. So I will be there if I have enough time
to get them installed. And I don't find other damage when I get the motor
apart.

And I still need to finish my new design manifold.And install
a new blower.

And get some new rearend gear. I am thinking about tring to install
4;10 gear. I have been using stock rear gear with AOD trans.
I wonder how much time the 4;10 gear will take off my ET?
My best time so far is around a high 13.8 with stock gearing.

Randy

Super XR7
07-29-2006, 09:33 AM
I got my new head gaskets Friday. So I will be there if I have enough time
to get them installed. And I don't find other damage when I get the motor
apart.

And I still need to finish my new design manifold.And install
a new blower.

And get some new rearend gear. I am thinking about tring to install
4;10 gear. I have been using stock rear gear with AOD trans.
I wonder how much time the 4;10 gear will take off my ET?
My best time so far is around a high 13.8 with stock gearing.

Randy

Randy, it seems like a lot of people with automatics use the 3.73's. Don't you have the Lentech transmission with the wide ratio gear set? I am running the 3.55's and would not want to go any higher becuase of the highway rpms that I would run.
Sounds like you have a lot of work to do to get ready, so you better get doing it! Hope to see you at the Shoot out.

Mike

Randy N Connie
07-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Randy, it seems like a lot of people with automatics use the 3.73's. Don't you have the Lentech transmission with the wide ratio gear set? I am running the 3.55's and would not want to go any higher becuase of the highway rpms that I would run.
Sounds like you have a lot of work to do to get ready, so you better get doing it! Hope to see you at the Shoot out.

Mike

I thought I would install and only use a 4:10 gear for the Shootout.
With a taller tire . Then swap back to my stock gear.

I was wondering how much time others had takin off there ET.
with the use of 3:73s and 4:10 from a stock gear of 2:72?
(forgot the stock gear number)

The 4:10 may be a little to low, So I was going to use a taller tire.
I am looking for a gear ratio between the 3:73 and 4:10.

I have a goal of turning A 12.999999999 ET. I will be happy if
I can get a 13.5 to 13.3.With a stock long block. After this
race I plan to install a souped up 3.8 motor. With out a cam
and ported heads, I have to run to much boost 18 to 20lbs
to meet my 12.9999 goal.

With cam and ported heads.etc. I will be able to run less boost
15 to 16lbs. And have a more reliable motor with higher RWHP
in the range that I would like to have. 350 to 375.

Thanks Randy

Super XR7
07-29-2006, 12:44 PM

to meet my 12.9999 goal.

Thanks Randy

I am running a wide ratio auto (94-95 gear ratios), 3:55's and 26" M/T tires and if I remember correctly I will cross the 1/4 mile mark in third gear at a high rpm (hopefully).

Are you going port your heads when you do the headgaskets?

Mike

Randy N Connie
07-29-2006, 05:29 PM
I am running a wide ratio auto (94-95 gear ratios), 3:55's and 26" M/T tires and if I remember correctly I will cross the 1/4 mile mark in third gear at a high rpm (hopefully).

Are you going port your heads when you do the headgaskets?

Mike

I don't have a wide ratio trans. I have a AOD from Lentech.
It a Street Terminator plus with some Strip Terminator parts.

I am running stock heads, with a muti angle valve job.
5 cuts on the exhaust seat, 6 angles on the intake.
Same valves ,springs collors,etc that came from the factory.

I may need to do weld build up on the manifold to
match the heads intake ports.I did this on my last manifold.
The manifold will be raised 1.5 ,and have weld in directional
vains to help to promote better linear air to heads intake ports.
The manifold is around half done I need to do finsh the vains,
& two peice weld in bellmouth. and weld the top on. I am wanting
to try a bolt on top. So I can make changes to refine later.

I have more but probably no one would be interrested in hearing..
And I doubt that I will have time to get all my modified parts on.
But would like to get the tubed K-Member back on and fiber
glass body parts,doors,trunk lid, electric water pump,
non- power steering rack,A/R blower Snow injection.

Thanks Randy

Super XR7
07-29-2006, 05:45 PM
I have the same transmission but opted for the wide ratio gear set option. You do have a lot to do. But do what it takes to get it to the Shoot out.

Good luck
Mike

Randy N Connie
07-29-2006, 05:57 PM
I have the same transmission but opted for the wide ratio gear set option. You do have a lot to do. But do what it takes to get it to the Shoot out.

Good luck
Mike

I would have all my parts finished and on by now, but been down
at the back.And havent done any work this year. I will feel lucky
if I get the head gasket swap finished. The odds are high that I
will not be there this year,I don't think I will be able to drive that
far in my car. It just beat my back to death to drive it.I havent got
over the drive to & from the 2005 Shootout yet. After breaking
my back in 8 places and mashing 5 disc, I have slowed down some.

Randy

John Shelton
07-30-2006, 12:02 PM

Micah

Is it too soon to sign up for this?:)

Micahdogg
07-31-2006, 10:41 AM
John, with the luck that we have both previously had, I'm almost certain that this would be a BAD idea. :)

Micah

David Neibert
08-03-2006, 11:05 PM

to meet my 12.9999 goal.

Thanks Randy

Randy,

I picked up about 2 tenths when I swapped out the 3.73s for 4.10s on my 91with a stock ratio AOD. I thought they were perfect for the track just didn't like them on the street, so I put the 3.73s back in. BTW, I was using a 26" tire.

David

Ira R.
08-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Speaking of picking up stuff for the Shootout, I have a handle on a couple of axels from a 90 automatic that I figure soemone, hopefully not me, might need. My parts search tells me they should work in any year. They are all the same, right??

Ira

Kurt K
08-03-2006, 11:56 PM
Speaking of picking up stuff for the Shootout, I have a handle on a couple of axels from a 90 automatic that I figure soemone, hopefully not me, might need. My parts search tells me they should work in any year. They are all the same, right??

Ira

Close enough to limp home :) (they are all the same except the early "Fat Shaft" and ABS vs. non-ABS)

Heck I used a non-ABS axle to get home last year. Worked great; I just had to deal with an ABS light for the trip home.

Ira R.
08-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Close enough to limp home :) (they are all the same except the early "Fat Shaft" and ABS vs. non-ABS)

Heck I used a non-ABS axle to get home last year. Worked great; I just had to deal with an ABS light for the trip home.
Close enough for govt work. That's what I thought. Thanks.

Ira