Hood Scoop For The Fmic

acb92sc

I Am Custom Making A Front Mount Intercooler Setup With A Front Exit Sc Top. It Sits 3" Above The Top Of The Supercharger, And Im Sure Its Not Going To Fit Under A Stock Hood. So, I Have Two Options Until I Can Afford The 97 Front End Swap I Want And Buy My Cowl Hood...
1) Dent The Hell Out Of The Hood And Leave It Hideous To Look At,
Or
2) Find A Hood Scoop To Put Over The Whole I Have To Cut.

Im Leaning Towards 2, But That Leaves Me With Finding A Cheap Hood Scoop Since Its Only Temporary That Will Cover The Hole I Need To Cut And Not Look Fugly. I Need Cheap As Possible, So Any Suggestions Would Be Appreciated.
Thanks

The Top Looks Like This...
So I Assume The Hole/scoop Would Have To Be Here Or So....

SOMETHING OF THE 99-04 MUSTANG GT HOOD SCOOP, JUST NOT $150 LIKE I'VE FOUND THUS FAR...

Attachments

• FRONT EXIT2.bmp
    190.7 KB · Views: 163
  • SCOOP PLACE.bmp
    190 KB · Views: 145
hood scoops

Go to a local auto accessory store. Usually they either have or can order a scoop for you. I bought one for my Impala SS. They are just plastic scoops that you paint to match your car, they stick on with two sided tape. It is very easy to do and is pretty cheap. I'm sure they can get you one to fit the size of the hole you'll have to cut. Hope this helps.

Are Most Generic Ones Hollow In The Middle Or Full Of Foam Or Bracing Or Anything? I Need The Extra Room Remember For My Tubing

acb92sc said:
Are Most Generic Ones Hollow In The Middle Or Full Of Foam Or Bracing Or Anything? I Need The Extra Room Remember For My Tubing
Well, get thee to your local speed shop and see what they have! Seriously man, they must have some stock or a catalog, or even better yet, the name of a local body shop who does all of the cool looking cars in the area!!

That's where I finally found someone. Asked around, saw a local Mustang that had the front doors rehung and painted, and knew I had found someone who knew what he was doing.

Ira

Back