Plugs and wires

lurch256

I am going to put plugs and wires in the SC and want to know what kind of wires you recommend? Links would be great. If I can order them online and ship them that would be perfect.

Also is there anything else I should change while I am at it, such a coil or distributor cap?

Well there is no distributor cap, don't waste your money on Magnacores or anything super special like that, just get yourself some wires from your local auto part store, they work just as good.

As far as the plugs go, well it depends on how often you would like to change your plugs. You can get the platinum ones they should last you a while without having to change them soon or you can get the iridium ones that won't blow out under boost or you can get some cheapo's which will work fine but you should change them more often. Word seems to be around here that the Autolite Plats are the way to go since they are produced by the same people who made the stock plugs.

www.rockauto.com

Try that link above

Last edited:
motorcrarft plugs and wires if you can get them

autolite makes a goo plug replament.
im currently going to get app764 double platinum plugs put into my 90 super coupe. i am also adding a new set of 8mm motorcraft wires part#wr4101 they cost aorund $60, and the plugs were under $30.

you could also buy some arctic silver 5 from any computer store, not radioshack, and its a good thermal compund that goes on under the DIS module.

we dont have distibutor caps,instead a DIS module that heats up and can F up without the compound. its known to dry up after time, its also not the same as dieelectric grease. though some people use dielectric grease anyways.

i guess you learn something every day!
Are the 8mm standard and what happens if you go bigger than 8. Is it worth it at all? Should I replace the parts or upgrade them any?

Back