Passengers side AIRBAG removal

Tin-Knocker105

Anybody know the steps to get the passengers side out, drivers was a piece of cake.
But i though i had better ask before attempting the passengers side.
Thanks

PS already did a search for airbag, airbag removal didn't find info

Removal

1. Record USER 1 and USER 2 preset radio frequencies.

2. WARNING: THE ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT NECESSARY FOR SYSTEM DEPLOYMENT IS POWERED DIRECTLY FROM THE BATTERY (10653). TO AVOID ACCIDENTAL DEPLOYMENT AND POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY, THE BATTERY GROUND CABLE (14301) MUST BE DISCONNECTED PRIOR TO SERVICING OR REPLACING ANY SYSTEM COMPONENTS.

Disconnect battery ground cable. Refer to «Section 14-01». Wait at least one minute for air bag backup power supply energy to be depleted.

3. Open glove compartment (06010).

4. Disconnect damping rod on RH side of glove compartment with a small screwdriver.

5. Pull LH side of glove compartment in and drop glove compartment towards floor.

6. Remove three screws that attach two-piece air duct. Remove center bolt and then remove both pieces of air duct.

7. Remove two vertically-driven bolts on both sides of bottom of passenger side air bag module.

8. Remove two fore-aft driven bolts that attach air bag tabs to instrument panel steel.

9. Gently push passenger side air bag module from back of instrument panel opening enough to allow access to electrical connector.

10. Disconnect electrical connector.

11. WARNING: PLACE AIR BAG MODULE ON BENCH WITH TRIM COVER FACING UP TO AVOID ACCIDENTAL DEPLOYMENT AND POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY.

Remove passenger side air bag module.

Done

Thanks Paul... a very simple job when you know how to do it.
now do you happen to know the location of the rear sensors.
It looks like the fender well but it not there, maybe inside the kick panel?

Attachments

• airbag.jpg
    airbag.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Tony, I only show one:

Removal

1. Record USER 1 and USER 2 preset radio frequencies.

2. WARNING: THE ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT NECESSARY FOR SYSTEM DEPLOYMENT IS POWERED DIRECTLY FROM THE BATTERY (10653). TO AVOID ACCIDENTAL DEPLOYMENT AND POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY, THE BATTERY GROUND CABLE (14301) MUST BE DISCONNECTED PRIOR TO SERVICING OR REPLACING ANY SYSTEM COMPONENTS.

Disconnect battery ground cable. Refer to «Section 14-01». Wait one minute for backup power supply energy to be depleted.

3. Note: To service stripped LH kick panel safing sensor retaining screws, replace old screws with 14 mm self-tapping screws (Part No. N806327-S190). Tighten to 10.2-13.8 N-m (91-122 lb-in).

Remove LH cowl side trim panel. Refer to «Section 01-05». Remove one screw and pull wiring and cover assembly to the side to gain access to LH kick panel safing sensor.

4. Remove two screws retaining LH kick panel safing rear air bag sensor and bracket (14B007) to LH cowl side panel.

5. Detach LH kick panel safing sensor connector from LH kick panel safing sensor bracket.

6. Disconnect LH kick panel safing sensor wiring connector from body main wiring connector.

1. Get a video camera and set it up on a tripod
2. Connect some long lengths of wire to the air bag
3. Put something like a lawn chair on top of the air bag
4. Take cover and connect the wires to a 12v battery
5. Try to estimate the height the chair gets

I've seen this done....and I gaurantee it'll scare the hell out of ya

(I'm just kidding....don't screw around with these things. They're really dangerous and can kill or severely injure if mishandled!)

Back