i come in search of help lol

TwoToneThunder

not a supercoupe! sorry for once i dont need help with that
anywho

m friends got an 89 chevy beretta 2.8l 5 speed and the things always been running super rich i found a few broken vaccum lines but im doubting that
now the cars running so rich it dies if u give it gas so basicly its worthless at the moment unable to move forward
any ideas?

uummm

maybe your have a stuck injector maybe more then one

take off the lead too the injectors one at a time see if it smooths out or just might be stuck open totally

fuel pressure regulator. See if you can track down where it's located, pull the vac line and see if it's full of fuel. Probably is. If so, replace it.

If that's a V6 motor, the regulator will likely be mounted below the upper intake manifold between the two haves of the lower one. That's where it was on a Olds I fixed for a nephew.

hang on there....

before you go for the FPR, check the basics first.

1--spark plugs and wires, cap and rotor--If these are fouled, the gas wont be getting burned, hence a "rich" condition

2--o2 sensor(s)--if this is faulty, the computer wont know the proper amount of fuel to send to the engine, and most cars have a default "rich" setting to keep from starving the engine.

After that, I would check the FPR. And I would not rule out those vac lines either--if one of them goes to a sensor that is involved in some way with the air-fuel mixture, that could throw it all off right there.

EDIt--one more thing--it is a 5-speed, and if it is flooded, you will need to get the old gas out of the engine. The simple way is to push-start it. That way you dont kill a battery or overheat the starter trying to get the engine unflooded.

Back