Big Problem!! Need Experts

spetz01

Long story short...having some start up issues on a new rebuild. Everything is new, timing is good...I know because I just finished ripping the front end off again to confirm. When turning over it would crank for a few seconds...hesitate..then continue turning over...hestitate. This led me to believe I had mistimed TDC but shes right on. It would pop a little like it wanted to fire.

So...

Fuel injection?

cam/crank sensors?

BTW all injectors are new..I have 50 psi on the rail.

Need advise!!!! been waiting 3 years to drive her.

I would definately check the firing order. I had a simular problem with mine. you say you have fuel, do you have spark?? are you running a chip?? my car runs without a chip, not when it's installed (working on that now) give us more info. double check that the crank sensor is plugged in. are you getting an upshift lite when you are starting it up??

Rick

I would say that you have the firing order off. Now with that being said, you dont have the compression that you usually have on the initial startup with a brand new rebuild. Check the plugs now because if the firing order was off, I would venture to say that your plugs are fouled out and wet. If they are...she will NOT start.

Chris

I checked the timing and she right on...crank at noon and cam at 6 with #1 at TDC. I also double checked the plugs (new live wires) when I tried to start her the first time. As for fuel pressure...50 PSI. I confirmed via gauge on the rail (from SCP) and a test kit.

I'll check the plud from #1 that I removed to check TDC. In my haste I never really looked at it.

Whats the best way to chech that the actual injectors are firing in time with the motor?

Unplug the cam sensor and try starting it....it may take a few tries, but should start unplugged.

What procedure did you use to install the cam sensor syncro stalk ?

David

yah 5o# :)

this motor/ rebuild has almost everything SCP had to offer including a new regulator with a 255lph pump..

check the link

Firing Order. If you have already checked that you might want to look into the Coil Pack followed by the DIS Module.

OK I think the problem may have presented itself. When we put her back the first time we TDC'd and neglected to time to 26 degrees when we installed the cam sensor. Also the shaft was installed not realizing where the inside were aligned to. So after researching forums for info I think I have it right now.....In the process of re-assembling now, just breaking for a beer.

Soon to follow...open header fire up vid clips. Yeehaw!

Back