Rochester 35th forsale

It appears that the guy wants $4500 and it has a leaking head gasket!!:eek:

*** 1990 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe 35th Anniversary Edition *** If there are any questions whatsoever about this car, please send me an email and I will do my best to get back to you quickly. Serious inquiries only—this vehicle is mechanically in great shape and visually in very good condition. I have treated it with great care and respect. If allowed by Ebay rules & regs, I will not accept bids from people with a negative feedback ratio of > 1:20. Buyer must travel to Rochester, NY to obtain the car—I will not deliver it. I require a $1000. deposit as a downpayment so that I know the buyer is serious about purchasing the car. The buyer then will have the right to back out of the sale only after he/she has visually inspected and test driven the car in person. The offer will be the iron-clad final purchase price of the vehicle, no haggling over the price after the fact, unless the buyer can justify it. I put these requirements in place because I am in no hurry to sell it, and won’t sell it to just anyone—the buyer must appreciate what he/she is getting. I am the 2nd owner of this vehicle, but the first was my mother—she was the original buyer in 1990. I purchased it from her in 2002. I now have to let her go (the car). For those of you unfamiliar with the car, it is rare, collectible, and authentic. The engine is a 3.8 litre (1 gallon) supercharged V6, with 210 horsepower, but more importantly it has 315 lb-ft of torque. That’s huge torque, more than the 4.9 litre Ford V8 in the Mustang GT of the same year. If this car didn’t weigh so much (~3800 lbs) it would really be quick, but even so it manages a 7.0 second 0-60 time according to performance specs. This car really accelerates very smoothly, almost as if it had a huge electric motor. It has a nice, unique exhaust tone through its totally stainless steel dual exhaust, and the supercharger whine is kind-of unique to this car as well. The car has a unique suspension that has 2 settings, one for a soft ride and one for performance, which stiffens up the shocks noticeably. It really makes a difference in handling. The car is absolutely showroom stock. No modifications, all original. The car is in very good condition, and it runs perfectly. It’s just as quick now as it was out of the showroom, but seldom is driven anywhere since I bought it. It has 62,700-ish miles on it, and had 58,600 miles on her when I bought her in 2002. It’s had the oil changed twice since I bought it, and was immaculately maintained (have records) at Ford dealerships prior to my owning it. Since I hardly ever drive it, there’s been no reason for any maintenance on the vehicle. It has been garaged during the winter months its entire life, and has never seen salt or snow. There is absolutely no rust whatsoever. This car has not been beaten on, and that is apparent when seen up close. This car REQUIRES high octane fuel, 92 or greater. If it gets regular fuel, it will knock like crazy. This is because the engine has a very high compression ratio when the supercharger kicks in, and low octane gas isn’t meant to burn in these types of engines. It really does make a difference in these engines. Stick with hi-test and it will run better, smoother, and have less problems. Speaking of problems: AC—functional but needs to be recharged. Fairly sure that this is an R12 unit, so refitting to the new coolant hardware is necessary (and expensive) if AC is important to you. Passenger Power Window—only closes when both driver-side and passenger-side controls are pressed. The window opens fine with either control. Audio System—lights are on, but nobody’s home. Ford audio systems of this vintage are notorious for power supply problems, and it’s been addressed once before in this car (to the tune of over $500. I’m not willing to shell out the bucks to have it fixed again since I hardly drive the car. Head Gasket Leak—another notorious problem with these cars is the engine’s head gaskets developing leaks after about 30,000 miles. Was addressed once before, but the problem has cropped up again. A small drop of oil every so often will drip onto the engine, creating a burning oil smell that makes its way into the cabin through the HVAC system. Again, I haven’t addressed this problem due to lack of driving. Lack of complete Anniversary Edition extras—like the pen, the suede seat cleaning kit, some other crap they give you that’s generally worthless. If you’re interested in this stuff, it shows up on Ebay every now and again. Items I do have are the car cover, the original special keys, the original floor mats (obviously been used over the years), and the Thunderbird Anniversary Book that chronicles the history of the marque. Powder coating on wheels—the wheels are magnesium alloy, and have some kind of powder coating on them that over the years just comes off, leaving a dull black surface (see picture). They can be re-coated by skilled auto painters.

Back