Slayed the Dragan Today

Super XR7

Any bikers here? My wife and I took a ride down route 129 to Deals Gap today also known as "the Dragan". Anyone ride it?? 318 turns in 11 miles, oh what fun it is!

Mike

I have an 01 Aprilia Mille..I was just discussing that very area with someone who lives in PA..He did it not to long ago..Maybe open day when I want to do a road trip

quick35th said:
That sounds like it would be a lot of fun to take a road race car threw sometime.

Shane

indeed. I took my mustang up there (road racing style suspension) and had a hell of a time (even though im not much for turning). Good brakes are a must ;)

Just becareful. The highway patrol is starting to patrol the dragon heavily now. Seems Tennessee and North Carolina is trying to curb the chance of death by slowing down all on the road.

I went down in once in my 94 Lighting. I want to go back either in that or the 95 SC. Check out their website and killboy's he probably has a picture of you guys on it.

SCme said:
Just becareful. The highway patrol is starting to patrol the dragon heavily now. Seems Tennessee and North Carolina is trying to curb the chance of death by slowing down all on the road.

I also heard that the highway patrol was cracking down on the racing but I did not see one and I road it twice. Here is one of many websites www.dealsgap.com

Mike

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
I have an 01 Aprilia Mille..I was just discussing that very area with someone who lives in PA..He did it not to long ago..Maybe open day when I want to do a road trip

Nice Bike!

I rode the 1984 Honda V65 Magna I had at the time from Huntsville AL to Deals Gap back in 1997. Quite a ride, my favorite part though wasn't the dragon, but the road along the Ochoee river where they did the White Water rafting in the Olympics. It was hard, do I have fun driving in the twisties, or do I take it slow and enjoy the scenery? That road is NO fun in a car unless you have some SERIOUS Passing Power, too many RV's, etc. But on the bike I could whip around about anywhere.

Per someone's comment, no the Dragon isn't a good place for any cars. The road is very tight and difficult.

It is not a good road for cars, we drove across it one time in a car and my wife got car sick. But on the bike she is fine.

Mike

Back