White sc's again

Tony8470

Well my car is gonna get a paint job soon. I figure since they got the gun out I might get the skirts painted too. This is my new white sc. Anyone have any advice?

Reference pic. They are all the same anyways......
The back is being painted. The black molding on the bumper I'm gonna have painted and I'm going to remove the black side molding.

Attachments

• b3e2scd.jpg
    b3e2scd.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 78
How about leaving the black side molding on and painting in the same as the body? I think it looks kind of goofy to have that big flat slab of a door there with nothing to break it up. Another option is the 94/95 side trim which looks a little cleaner.

My car looks just like that and if I were gonna do anything, I think I would paint the trim white. I just don't trust people getting into their car parked next to me, cause half the time they aren't paying attention and don't care if their car door hits a car next to them.

Kevin Varnes said:
How about leaving the black side molding on and painting in the same as the body? I think it looks kind of goofy to have that big flat slab of a door there with nothing to break it up. Another option is the 94/95 side trim which looks a little cleaner.

I have the molding off the side of my car. I know what you mean about breaking up the white color scheme. What do you think about a pinstrip or something across each side instead of the moldings?

XR-7 Mouldings?

How about using '89-'90 XR-7 mouldings? They were extruded in color, so there is no paint to chip off, and they're matched to the factory colors (red, black, white). Maybe you can score a set here with a "wanted" ad. Just a thought for a durable moulding that'd be color matched to your paint. Oh, and as a bonus, the Cougar mouldings say "SUPERCHARGED" on the fender pieces.

JD

Back