91 SC stalled..help!

ebodycab

all of a sudden it stalled without warning...engine cranks but does not start..let it sit a day, started again, then stalled , wont start again...electrical problem? DIS? coil pack? crank censor/ cam censor?
do I need a code reader? thanks for help!

I agree, it does sound like a fuel pump problem, but better due a fuel pressure test first, just to make sure. It's easy to throw parts at these cars and not get the problem fixed. Always best to test first, if possible.

Sounds more like a cam sensor/DIS problem to me. When my fuel pump went out, it started knocking as the pressure in the pump started to give out, and ran like crap for a weeks before it finally went out. Im currently having the same problem with the stalling and bucking under certain considitons, and my fuel pump is brand new.

Obliv said:
Sounds more like a cam sensor/DIS problem to me. When my fuel pump went out, it started knocking as the pressure in the pump started to give out, and ran like crap for a weeks before it finally went out. Im currently having the same problem with the stalling and bucking under certain considitons, and my fuel pump is brand new.
I disconnected the fuel lines where it goes to the fuel rails, no gas is coming out when cranking the engine...so it must be fuel related problem..could it be a clogged fuel filter or most likely the fuel pump? thanks a lot!

ebodycab said:
I disconnected the fuel lines where it goes to the fuel rails, no gas is coming out when cranking the engine...so it must be fuel related problem..could it be a clogged fuel filter or most likely the fuel pump? thanks a lot!
replaced the fuel pump relay, after that car started right away and ran about 30 seconds then died and won't start again...

See if you're getting gas now, if not you can pull the line of at the filter and see if gas it making it that far. If it is, then your fiter is bad. If it's not, then your pump could very well be bad.

RadiumSC said:
See if you're getting gas now, if not you can pull the line of at the filter and see if gas it making it that far. If it is, then your fiter is bad. If it's not, then your pump could very well be bad.
Yes, it was the fuel pump, dropped the tank, got the pump out, tested it with a battery, motor spins but doesn't pump fuel, went to NAPA and got a new pump, put it back together, car started right away and is back on the road! thanks guys for all the help!

i would try the fuel pump relay before taking the pump out it tend to heat up and not give any juce to the pump pluse the relay is easre than a pump its on the left side of the car in the trunk behined the wheel well try that

Back