aftermarket heads?

birdboy89

I'm goin to be purchasing a used short block from as '90 sc to put in my '94sc. Are there any decent heads out there or should I stick with the stocks heads from the '94 motor?

There are no aftermarket heads for that block. Only reworked stockers. You might check over at www.v6power.net as I've seen claims that the late model 3.8 block in the mustang is equivalent if not better than the SC block and the heads are better with a thicker deck and better cooling passages.

I've seen nothing to verify this yet, and to be honest, I haven't checked into it. But you might want to since you're at this point now.

How about a link to the thread that you saw this at. I did a search but I must be hittng the wrong areas..

S

Last edited:
yea we werent lucky enough to get even a single manufacture to build us a better set of heads. I believe the heads talked about are probably the split-port heads (late model 3.8 heads).

Esslinger made a head (badass one to boot) for the 4cyls, but the v6's get no love :rolleyes:

couldn't find it anywhere. It was brought up in a thread in the members area when I was asking about building my motor for 400rwhp or less. Now I'm shooting for more.

Mike8675309 said:
couldn't find it anywhere. It was brought up in a thread in the members area when I was asking about building my motor for 400rwhp or less. Now I'm shooting for more.

Yea I spent about an hour trying to find the one you reference but no go here. If it wasnt too long ago it may still be in your history in your browser.

S

The building for under 400rwhp thread is still here. And if you look through the V6power forums, it seems the 99+ block is the prefered block with the heads of that comparable with the SC heads. The main interest on the 99+ block is the deeper holes for longer head bolts, allowing more torque to be applied.

Back