Motor Mount Replacement

I Paid $120 In Labor For My First Job, But Dont Expect To Get That From Most Places. The Solid Mounts From Spinning Wheels Or Supercoupeperformance I Think Are About $80. Find A Garage That Will Quote You A Price Before They Look At The Car So They Base It On An Lx!:d

acb92sc said:
I Paid $120 In Labor For My First Job, But Dont Expect To Get That From Most Places. The Solid Mounts From Spinning Wheels Or Supercoupeperformance I Think Are About $80. Find A Garage That Will Quote You A Price Before They Look At The Car So They Base It On An Lx!:d
I got one quote already, $430.00 to do both sides including parts for solid mounts from NAPA. It appears my car has a broken one on the left side and it already has solid mounts. I was bugging out when I heard the price.

Last edited:
Unless they have changed, I don't think any of the parts houses sell solid mounts, just the liquid filled that are OEM and will fail shortly again.

Yeah those are liquid filled. I just put a set like them on about 3 months ago and well the drivers side is already showing wear. However lifetime replacement lol.

AS for the quote that sounds right on. First time I had a shop so them on my '91 SC it was $300 and well I provided the $100 solid mounts...so close to yur quote.

Doing it yourself isn't as terrible as most think and all the how to is listed if you search the forums. I just did them in April and well it look around 3 hours in total to finish the job.

-Tim

Tim Groth said:
Yeah those are liquid filled. I just put a set like them on about 3 months ago and well the drivers side is already showing wear. However lifetime replacement lol.

AS for the quote that sounds right on. First time I had a shop so them on my '91 SC it was $300 and well I provided the $100 solid mounts...so close to yur quote.

Doing it yourself isn't as terrible as most think and all the how to is listed if you search the forums. I just did them in April and well it look around 3 hours in total to finish the job.

-Tim
Tim,
Those are solid rubber mounts.. NOT liquid filled. .

NAPA SOLID RUBBER MOTOR MOUNTS, $31.49 each.

Motor Mount - Hydraulic Type - Front $43.99

Back