Tenacious C finally started!!

spetz01

After much deliberation regarding what cliff to drive this car off of, she finally started today after recovering from a half drunken rebuild. Here's some sage like advise for all of you who want to rebuild...

1. Lable every hard to get at nut and bolt on these frickin cars. There is 1787 of them.

2. Lable every harness connection and orientation to true magnetic north. There are 321 of these.

3. Don't let your dad take your car apart when your out of town working!! I stored mine at my dad's for the winter, only cost me 12 grand to rebuild.

4. You really, really need to use the fuel injector clips. They are not cosmetic, and new ones are only 3 bucks each.

5. And pay special attension to timing!! The cam sensor stalk can't "just slide in" at any one position. It will but your car will be all like "POP COUGH UGGGHHH CHUGAH CHUGAH" when you turn it over.

6. 26 degrees after TDC is IMPORTANT!!

7. When istalling headers, do not connect the driver's to the motor. Get the motor half in and slide the header in from the bottom around the steering shaft.

8. Ground the hell out of the battery and the motor!!

8. DO NOT EVER...rebuild a Supercoupe.

But after much stress and Captain Morgan's I am happy to say that once again I am happy to own her. The sound these cars make with open headers and a more aggresive cam is quite a sound. I let her idle for a bit and had to fight the temptaion to go outg and see what she'll do. Next up..bleed the clutch and brakes out, and then to the muffler shop. I'll keep updating my link as to how she turns out.

Thanks to you all who offered advice during the rebuild.

Back