Anyone have Kooks LT's?

Blk89TBSC

Have been looking at them on the super coupe performance website and i'm 99% sure i want them. But i want opinion's from owners first.

How good are they? How are the gains?

BTW - Anyone on the board make Downpipes that bolt right up to these LT's?

i have the mids and i wish i would have gone wiht the long tubes but i didnt have the money. i didnt know u needed down tubes for those. im sure an exhaust shop will fab some up if u do. when i got my mids in i just took it to the shop and they put in whatever i wanted.

midgetchaser said:
i have the mids and i wish i would have gone wiht the long tubes but i didnt have the money. i didnt know u needed down tubes for those. im sure an exhaust shop will fab some up if u do. when i got my mids in i just took it to the shop and they put in whatever i wanted.

Exhaust shop won't fab me straight pipes. :mad:

I mean what's the big deal. They're only cat converters. :D

BTW - Midget. How were the gains with the mids?

i lost boost. i had 12 but with just headers i had 8 with the rest of the exhaust i had 10. if u slap on some od pullies ull get the boost back.

midgetchaser said:
i lost boost. i had 12 but with just headers i had 8 with the rest of the exhaust i had 10. if u slap on some od pullies ull get the boost back.

Mid,

You didn't lose boost. Your exhaust just wasn't holding back the pressure. You were still making the stock amount. Just the pressure went down because you opened up the exhaust.

If i do LT's and take the cats off i want to run a 2.8" pulley

Blk89TBSC said:
Mid,

You didn't lose boost. Your exhaust just wasn't holding back the pressure. You were still making the stock amount. Just the pressure went down because you opened up the exhaust.

If i do LT's and take the cats off i want to run a 2.8" pulley

yea thats whut i meant i tried to put it simple. im bad at explaining things. the only thing wiht no cats is emissions. i could careless about em but i dont make the rules.

that should give u a noticable power increase. i was going to do that but i got a cam and heads and ran out of fuel. so now i have to get a bigger fuel pump and injectors before i put the pulley on it.

also since ur at it and ur adding a pulley do the intake too if u havent already.

Back