performance tranny

1.if i go with a performance tranny with a reverse manual shift body do i need to get a 5 speed computer?
2.is their anyone that knows of a good place to get one? hughs is crazy expensive
3. will a c-4 hold up?

its going to be for drag use. it is an 89. i am thinking of 4.10 or 4.30.
i want a tranny to be able to hold neck breaking power and probably a trans break. i would like the tranny to have the options of manual shift or just regular shift by itself.
i figure maybe in the 1500/1800 range without the trans break?

A built C4 w/ manual valve body would bolt up to the V6.

The computer is ok, it doesn't control the trans in an early 89-93 SC.

The TV cable controls the tranny when it shifts, etc... with a manual valve body the TV cable isn't used. YOU control when it shifts, and have to shift it back down when you come to a stop. The computer is only going to control the ignition timing and injector pulse etc...

I'd probably want to stay with an AOD, you can get a strip terminator from lentech w/ brake and manual valve body and then you'd still have OD if you ever drive the car on the street. With an AOD I'd say 4.10:1 gears.

I am wondering what 4.30:1 would be like in an AOD but I think with a 26-28" tire you might have to shift to OD in the 1/4 before the traps and that's pointless.

what is so speacial about lentech with all the options out there?
what about PTC, FB performance transmissions, performance automatic, etc

will a C-4 not work?
i am trying to get away from the boat anchor AOD.it is a piece of dog s###

The bell housing bolt pattern on the back of the SC is different that that available for a C4, C6, etc without custom fabrication. No...it will not just bolt up.

1989 said:
what is so speacial about lentech with all the options out there?
what about PTC, FB performance transmissions, performance automatic, etc

The valve body,You can lock-out the use of the overdrive gear when not needed.

They dyno each trans before release.

They have more options that most AOD shops to build a stronger trans.
Like replacing the two peice output shaft with one stronger shaft.

And the biggest reason.If you have a problem.They do not try to pass
the blame on every one but themself.

Randy

Back